The Street > The Bike Shop

Profile mini chromoly female axle with pegs

(1/3) > >>

Tommy Barngreaser:
Wondering how the 3/8th chromoly axle holds up to peg and peg bolts. I understand why would wouldn’t use the aluminum female. 

Tommy Barngreaser:
Over a 1000 views and no reply.

Bikeguide is dead because of you. Sheep should stop saying server fees.

JohnW:
I've run pegs on an Odyssey Hazard v3 with a chromoly female axle for years without any issues. 15mm axle with 3/8" bolts. Guessing the Profile axle is a similar diameter, but their bolts might be a little weaker if they're still using coarse thread. But hey I'd rather damage the bolt than the axle itself. If you're smooth it should be fine, if you smash pegs off stuff as aggressively as I did when I was a teenager you're going to have problems. Just make sure you have hubguards - Profiles are the only hubs I ever see with broken flanges. I had one that was missing 2 spoke holes without ever seeing a grind.

Bunky:
I did it for a while with the Profile shouldered peg 3/8ths bolts and bent 3-4 bolts in probably about a year period while not riding my 20 a whole lot. 

I'm super sketchy though and eat shit on handrails and clip uprights...

JohnW:

--- Quote from: Bunky on December 14, 2023, 11:57:43 PM ---I did it for a while with the Profile shouldered peg 3/8ths bolts and bent 3-4 bolts in probably about a year period while not riding my 20 a whole lot. 

I'm super sketchy though and eat shit on handrails and clip uprights...

--- End quote ---
Is Profile still using 3/8-16? The coarse thread bolts are weaker than the fine 3/8-24 Odyssey uses...way deeper roots on the threads.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version