Multimedia

Author Topic: Where is everyone at in life?  (Read 28289 times)

Offline EI

• View Profile
Re: Where is everyone at in life?
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2020, 06:39:05 PM »
I’ve been trying to buy a house for the last two months. I’ve been putting in offers sometimes 30k over asking and nothing. Since the work from home pandemic is here to stay, San Francisco Bay Area transplants are coming and paying cash. Homes are on the market usually a week at most. Feels insane.

Wish I felt more comfortable going to the skatepark. Very conscious about social distancing.

I got a cool ass chameleon this year!

are you in the Sac area?
On second thought, I am Brenda Winecooler

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2020, 12:25:55 AM »

are you in the Sac area?

Yup, live 4 miles away from my office at Sac State.

Offline EI

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2020, 11:08:43 AM »

are you in the Sac area?

Yup, live 4 miles away from my office at Sac State.

I moved out here for work a few months ago from the south bay.  I had to go 23K over asking to purchase a house and that was the third house I put on offer on. I don't really have that "bay area money" everyone else does. The market is stupid out here right now.  Good time to sell I guess
On second thought, I am Brenda Winecooler

Offline sokoloka

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2021, 07:44:52 PM »
How's everyone doing in 2021?
Quote from: JPR@lastcall;3184017
It would have been great to have parents, but it made BMX so much more hardcore and real not being able to buy anything new, ever.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2021, 11:42:32 PM »
2021 is alright. Still haven’t been able to get into a house. We’re giving 20,000+ over asking, waiving contingencies, and every ill conceived notion of home buying.

Fully vaccinated.
Going to the track regularly.

Haven’t rode my bmx since December. When the pic was taken.

My brother got a keep yesterday.

Offline ediotism

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2021, 12:05:58 AM »
my bike, which i haven't ridden for a few years, has literally melted thanks to being left under a glass roof. The tires melted and stuck to the ground, grips are a mess, i'll have to take it apart one day to salvage some parts just for keepsake e.g. RNC 30t full titanium sprocket, gsport monkey front hub, elementary stem, JCPC pedals. I completely forgot where i got the frame from, i only remember having to ask the girl i was seeing at the time to get it for me from the US.

professional career wise, i've started a firm with two others to provide financial risk consulting for institutions and other investment banks. we've done surprisingly well over the past couple years, even during the heaviest COVID hits. The tax man has dragged out a legal dispute against us for 14 months now, they're literally trying to claim payable tax on parts of our profits that are under no local jurisdiction and without double taxation policies. i can't go further into it but it's very annoying. It does make you wonder if your own lawyers are also dragging their feet

politically, where i live is getting completely wrecked. day by day, laws are being 'amended' to quash democracy, there is literally no way out. I've been wanting to migrate to a scandanavian country for a while but more realistically, i'll probably end up in canada/new york/ ausatralia/ aus/ new zealand in a few years.

Offline JohnW

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2021, 10:13:34 PM »
but more realistically, i'll probably end up in canada/new york/ ausatralia/ aus/ new zealand in a few years.
IDK man Australia sounds like a wicked police state from everyone I've talked to there. Between the gun bans and the shit they do to anyone who dares modify their own car it doesn't exactly sound like a free country, before you even look into anything else going on. And it's a bummer most countries who seem to have their shit together have such cold climates, I'm really not a fan of winter weather.
My LAF
Quote from: super_chief;3602916
I put my nuts on that axle before it shipped, FYI

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2021, 10:13:34 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello