Multimedia

Author Topic: Where is everyone at in life?  (Read 28271 times)

Offline PabstBlueRibbon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Where is everyone at in life?
« on: May 27, 2020, 06:13:13 PM »
Where has everyone made it too in life?

Alex, Did you ever get LA?

Paranoid, Hows the kiddo and wife?

Blue, Have you grown up?

sokoloka, you till in the RX game?

Dick, hows the VW and FLA?

I went to UTI in 2011 and moved to Dallas in 2012. Been working as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic ever since. Met a nice lady and got hitched in 2015. Bought a Harley in 2014. We bought a 6 acre ranch 2 years ago and have been keeping our 3 horses on it.

How is everybody doing?

Offline JohnW

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Where is everyone at in life?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 07:03:16 PM »
Had an ex who left like 5 years ago unblock me and want to catch up recently which made me realize I've done nothing with my life since then besides acquire more cars and not finish the project I just barely got running when she left lmao.

Same job and apartment for over 5 years now, really sick of a lot of the bullshit around the job even though I get to make some cool shit. 6 cars - two of which are on the road fully legally and reliably despite being from the 90s in the rust belt, 4 project cars - two of which run and drive yet need more work and two of which don't even have motors. 3 of these cars I plan to keep for the rest of my life.

No credit, no future, no savings, fucked up back but I have 3 BMX bikes and still ride whenever I can. Broke as shit but I've been living 100% on my own after my roommate moved out last fall and all my bills are paid so I can't complain too much. 30 is approaching too quick
My LAF
Quote from: super_chief;3602916
I put my nuts on that axle before it shipped, FYI

Offline sokoloka

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 06:13:36 PM »

Still in the spine implant game, 12 years strong and counting.  Started my own company at the end of 2016 and went full time working for myself in early 2017.  Recently turned 33, still in sunny San Diego, always trying to figure out what moves to make next.  Getting somewhat burnt out on the grind but figure I need to keep making hay while the sun is shining.  Overall life is good!

Jealous of the patch of dirt you got yourself!  Have to pay through the nose for a postage stamp out here.  Missing the vibe this place had!  Still check in monthly when I remember.  Wish we could get BG to pop off again.

Quote from: JPR@lastcall;3184017
It would have been great to have parents, but it made BMX so much more hardcore and real not being able to buy anything new, ever.

Offline sokoloka

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 06:14:30 PM »
No credit, no future, no savings, fucked up back but I have 3 BMX bikes and still ride whenever I can. Broke as shit but I've been living 100% on my own after my roommate moved out last fall and all my bills are paid so I can't complain too much. 30 is approaching too quick

When's the best time to plant a tree?  20 years ago.  When's the second best time?  Today. 
You got this shit homie.
Quote from: JPR@lastcall;3184017
It would have been great to have parents, but it made BMX so much more hardcore and real not being able to buy anything new, ever.

Offline paranoidmexican

• freeeeeeeestyle
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 08:04:01 AM »

Alex, Did you ever get LA?

Paranoid, Hows the kiddo and wife?

Blue, Have you grown up?

Dick, hows the VW and FLA?

I went to UTI in 2011 and moved to Dallas in 2012. Been working as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic ever since. Met a nice lady and got hitched in 2015. Bought a Harley in 2014. We bought a 6 acre ranch 2 years ago and have been keeping our 3 horses on it.

How is everybody doing?

Wife is good, she is a bus driver for a local school district. My older daughter will be 4 in October, and my younger daughter will be two. Both are sassy little things with big attitudes. I work as a cement lab tech in the day, and doing valet trash at night so I'm working pretty much all the time. trying to ride most Saturdays. How are you?
Perform an act of kindness without posting it to social media. Love one another.

Offline JohnW

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 09:20:11 PM »

When's the best time to plant a tree?  20 years ago.  When's the second best time?  Today. 
You got this shit homie.
Kinda hard to plant a tree when the soil is shit and there's no rain. Maybe I should try a cactus instead...
My LAF
Quote from: super_chief;3602916
I put my nuts on that axle before it shipped, FYI

Offline bluebmx

• Administrator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 11:41:35 PM »

Blue, Have you grown up

How is everybody doing?

I think there were other Blues in the mix on here, but incase this was about me... I'm a wedding videographer these days, and whatever other photo/video stuff I can scare up in between. I haven't been able tor ide for a few years due to plenty of problems with my body and a few with my mind. Not sure what about me was less grown up than the rest of us were 15 years ago but I'm a few concussions deeper so I may just not remember... that is, if I'm even the Blue you were asking about.

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 05:53:51 AM »
I think there were other Blues in the mix on here, but incase this was about me... I'm a wedding videographer these days, and whatever other photo/video stuff I can scare up in between. I haven't been able tor ide for a few years due to plenty of problems with my body and a few with my mind. Not sure what about me was less grown up than the rest of us were 15 years ago but I'm a few concussions deeper so I may just not remember... that is, if I'm even the Blue you were asking about.

Pretty obvious it was bluemeate he was referring to
Quote from: Sir smashalottavaginis;3362940
Damn.  Now I\'m torn between c***s or satan

Offline joelite44

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2020, 08:11:11 AM »
I too am interested in bluemeate  status. Also I follow rusty on instagram he goes by pedalgrinds.

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2020, 01:37:39 AM »
I always have the thought that a small MFBS group should continue on somewhere other than this site, as it's bound to go dark one of these days, but never get motivated enough to make it happen. I do keep up with the guys who are on Instagram though (add me if you're on there and I don't know it, pnwpedal).

I'm still doing the work thing, landed a new PM job this year and looking forward to some stability. Wife is also working and we have our hands full with our almost 5yo crazy little girl. Same suburban house that's due for some work this year ($$$), a couple different cars, and still have the bikes. I'm riding MTB mostly these days but will take the 20" out for a spin when the weather is good.

Offline paranoidmexican

• freeeeeeeestyle
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2020, 04:09:34 PM »
I always have the thought that a small MFBS group should continue on somewhere other than this site, as it's bound to go dark one of these days, but never get motivated enough to make it happen. I do keep up with the guys who are on Instagram though (add me if you're on there and I don't know it, pnwpedal).

I'm still doing the work thing, landed a new PM job this year and looking forward to some stability. Wife is also working and we have our hands full with our almost 5yo crazy little girl. Same suburban house that's due for some work this year ($$$), a couple different cars, and still have the bikes. I'm riding MTB mostly these days but will take the 20" out for a spin when the weather is good.

maybe we could start a facebook group?
Perform an act of kindness without posting it to social media. Love one another.

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2020, 04:39:38 PM »

maybe we could start a facebook group?

As much as I loathe facebook, that would probably be the easiest option. Or maybe a private subreddit?

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2020, 10:03:09 PM »
Holy shit do the adventures of Carlos look sketchy. He’s like a train hobo but has his ol ranger instead of riding the rails.

I’m @midichlorianeater on ig if you want to bear witness to my own adventures.

Offline paranoidmexican

• freeeeeeeestyle
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2020, 08:50:47 AM »
Holy shit do the adventures of Carlos look sketchy. He’s like a train hobo but has his ol ranger instead of riding the rails.

I’m @midichlorianeater on ig if you want to bear witness to my own adventures.

he came to my house once. he's ok, but kept wanting to dig thru my spare parts.

@aort151618 is my ig if anyone is inclined

Offline paranoidmexican

• freeeeeeeestyle
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2020, 09:02:55 AM »
also i made a FB group in case this site goes dark one day

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2626492957668461

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2020, 09:02:55 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special