Multimedia

Author Topic: Fit Aitken S3.5 is BACK  (Read 18064 times)

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Fit Aitken S3.5 is BACK
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2020, 05:17:29 PM »
I wonder why your frame is 13.65" then

xD

Offline Patty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2020, 05:23:38 PM »
I tried pushing it, running a 28/9. Sooooo close. So I got the 3mm spacers putting the backend at 13.768, and I’m ok with.
Quote from: Austin Tasseltine;3615349
yeah its got to be, but the fact that you never can be sure with an opinionated christian on the internet is worrying

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2020, 05:41:04 PM »
13.768" is right, 13.65" + 3mm

Your wheel *looks* centered in your bike check, did you manage to get it all working OK?

Offline Patty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2020, 06:00:58 PM »
It’s off, the picture doesn’t quite do it justice. And I will eventually have brakes on it, I wish it was centered. And before I bought those spacers, it was fucking hell even getting it slightly straight. It would just pull extremely hard to the right. I’m ok, it’s a nice frame and faster geo than my SFA.
yeah its got to be, but the fact that you never can be sure with an opinionated christian on the internet is worrying

Offline CMB

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2020, 06:55:05 PM »
Sounds like the wheel is dished one side. I only say that because that happened to me. I had a new wheel built and even though the thing was pin straight, it still pulled to the right every time I tightened the bolts no matter how hard I tried to keep it center. Brought it back to the shop and had them fix it and it sits perfect now every time.
refs: Alice Glass, laloest33, Rusty, mphelps, .SIN., milhous, jaymeatsack, CHROME_RIMS_YO, LittleDevil661, Piffery, Trvsty, Patty, toady, shutta, cb4130, Black Miguel, BGB, onewaystu, Bunky, arcadecycles, LeonLikesToRock & more!

Offline metalbmxer

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2020, 08:51:39 AM »
and could be much more likely to be dished to the side if you have uneven flanges and an inexperienced wheel builder

back on topic tho, its cool to see fit doing a re-pop of these frames. brings back the nostalgia. actually just watched mikey's part in Anthem 2 last night!

Offline paranoidmexican

• freeeeeeeestyle
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2020, 09:37:02 AM »
and could be much more likely to be dished to the side if you have uneven flanges and an inexperienced wheel builder

back on topic tho, its cool to see fit doing a re-pop of these frames. brings back the nostalgia. actually just watched mikey's part in Anthem 2 last night!

Fit is actually raffling off the bike Mike used in Anthem II, each time you buy an aitken sticker sheet, you get one ticket.
Perform an act of kindness without posting it to social media. Love one another.

Offline CMB

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2020, 03:10:48 PM »
I hope they do more Aitken stuff in the future. Like re-release his signature Trans-Am shirt he had back in like 2003.
refs: Alice Glass, laloest33, Rusty, mphelps, .SIN., milhous, jaymeatsack, CHROME_RIMS_YO, LittleDevil661, Piffery, Trvsty, Patty, toady, shutta, cb4130, Black Miguel, BGB, onewaystu, Bunky, arcadecycles, LeonLikesToRock & more!

Offline Patty

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2020, 07:20:13 AM »
Dish has been checked, wheel is trued, it’s the frame. At this point I don’t care, I’m having fun on this thing

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2020, 07:20:13 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special