Multimedia

Author Topic: Odyssey clutch v2 opinions  (Read 19614 times)

Offline smsabb

• View Profile
Re: Odyssey clutch v2 opinions
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2021, 01:48:43 PM »
So I have a v2 Clutch and I have ridden it maybe 10 times and mostly just tooling around when I ride .After maybe a quarter mile of total distance it developed side to side play in the hub .They sent out a replacement driver but still have the same issue .Its an awesome hub but I wish it had some adjustment possibilities .

Offline JohnW

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2021, 10:09:50 PM »
So I have a v2 Clutch and I have ridden it maybe 10 times and mostly just tooling around when I ride .After maybe a quarter mile of total distance it developed side to side play in the hub .They sent out a replacement driver but still have the same issue .Its an awesome hub but I wish it had some adjustment possibilities .
Weird, it took well over a year of hard riding for the v1 to develop that and I still don't have any in the V2 after close to 2 years. If you have a spare wheel to ride you may wanna send that in to them, or hit up a local bike shop that carries Odyssey stuff for warranty. Maybe there was a machining mistake made at the factory? Mine's holding up great and I've had to rebuild freecoasters like 50 times before getting one, and I'm very rough on my bike. And also go on road bike rides with it...
My LAF
Quote from: super_chief;3602916
I put my nuts on that axle before it shipped, FYI

Offline smsabb

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2021, 09:17:37 AM »
Odyssey replaced the whole wheel .I ran a shop for years and worked in others .Have had a freecoaster for a real long time (First one was a graveyard freecoaster (nankai ) That I got in 96 . Im wondering how the profile hub is and the new bsd hub .

Offline smsabb

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2022, 12:00:20 PM »
So if anyone cares for an update ,My first clutch hub the problems I had were because they didnt put the c clip in the hub from the factory and there was something wonky happening because of that .I got both the Madera and the bsd and didnt like either one .So back on my clutch v2 and have 2 wheels I spent wayyyyy too much money on that I need to get rid of .

Offline JohnW

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2022, 06:26:42 PM »
So if anyone cares for an update ,My first clutch hub the problems I had were because they didnt put the c clip in the hub from the factory and there was something wonky happening because of that .I got both the Madera and the bsd and didnt like either one .So back on my clutch v2 and have 2 wheels I spent wayyyyy too much money on that I need to get rid of .
That C-clip was an important part to keep the hub together without putting side load on the driver bearing, which wouldn't work now that it's a needle bearing - and was the main cause of old style coasters blowing up.

According to FB memories I laced my Clutch v2 up 4 years ago last week. Got a very tiny bit of side to side play, and that's it. Still working perfectly, all I've done was open it up to regrease it over 2 years ago cause it started sticking a tiny bit when I would stop pedaling.  Absolutely insane that I've had the same coaster hold up for a single year, let alone 4. I used to break the old ones at least once every couple months if I didn't periodically rebuild them...
My LAF
Quote from: super_chief;3602916
I put my nuts on that axle before it shipped, FYI

Offline smsabb

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2023, 01:24:30 PM »
More things I have figured out ,My chainline was off by less than 1/8th of an inch and it caused my hollow keychain to wear out . 100 dollars down the drain .But still zero problems with my v2 clutches ,And the play that was in my old one is gone after I put in the c clip.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2023, 01:24:30 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello