The Street > The Lounge

last minute ticket to NYC, what do?

(1/2) > >>

ediotism:
kinda want some non-NYC specific advice from you guys. i got wasted at home 6 hours ago and bought tickets to fly to NYC for 5 days, arriving in 48 hours time from this post. am staying at one of the marriotts in middle manhattan.

i will absolutely skip the main tourist spots i.e. times square and empire state building etc. so far i've got a few things on my radar like some hardcore steak restaurants/ seafood places etc, imma try to avoid asking my NYC colleagues since i just want this to be a quiet personal trip with the missus. anyone from there fancy a quick beer? or point me to some cool jazz bars/ blues lounges?

as for the other stuff, i really want to see what the US big chain stores are like - i've never been to a radio shack (do they still exist?), or a trader's joe (got one on my radar now). any other similar suggestions? like costco, walmart (its like an exotic human zoo, or so i hear) etc... throw me names of stores! i'll look them up. cheers lads and laddies!!

andreas:
best pizza at keste, check out dover street market, MOMA

ediotism:

--- Quote from: andreas on May 08, 2018, 02:52:31 PM ---best pizza at keste, check out dover street market, MOMA

--- End quote ---

yep, marked MOMA now. dover street market is close to a trader's joe haha, so i'll go to both

any other suggestions for the everyday places? you know, things like krispy kreme and in-and-out burgers and whatever

Prodigal Son:
I guess that you’re not required to go to the requisite spots but going to the US consumerism cells seems weird. Brooklyn Botanical Gardens? BBG.org

sbc5ha9iro:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com

For big a big department store dedicated to electronics. Radio shack is dead.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version