Multimedia

Author Topic: JCPC question.  (Read 11199 times)

Offline vandalsucks

• View Profile
    • http://www.hevil.com
JCPC question.
« on: March 12, 2018, 08:31:53 AM »
I am tired of grinding through Cult Dak pedals on grinds but would like to stay with a pedal with a wide body like the Dak pedal. Does any one know or can advise me of the size of the pedal body on a jcpc or even like the size versus a wider pedal like the Cult Dak pedals or other wide pedals. None of the shops in town have any and I don't want to order some just to not ride them.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 09:46:21 AM by vandalsucks »

Offline JFax

• View Profile
Re: JCPC question.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 06:27:04 AM »
I actually felt that the body wasnt that big when I got mine, at least compared to twisted pc, so i switched back to twisted.
Quote from: andreasTHN;1991264
He is so good that he probably doesnt have a serial number on his frame, just a cheat code...

Offline vandalsucks

• View Profile
    • http://www.hevil.com
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 07:41:15 AM »
I actually felt that the body wasnt that big when I got mine, at least compared to twisted pc, so i switched back to twisted.

Perfect, thats what i needed to know. thankyou!

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 01:01:43 PM »
The new(ish) Odyssey Grandstand PCs are really wide and decently thin. The bushings are a little finicky for preload but once you get them adjusted right they're smooth with no wobble. I've had mine for a bit and like them.

Offline blueee

• Dumbest, Ugliest, Rattiest spot searching master on bikeguide
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=141705194
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 10:40:14 PM »
they're big enough
huge compared to rubens

Offline montymitch

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 10:40:01 PM »
The new(ish) Odyssey Grandstand PCs are really wide and decently thin. The bushings are a little finicky for preload but once you get them adjusted right they're smooth with no wobble. I've had mine for a bit and like them.
The Grandstands are enormous, as in I actually thought they were too big. I put them on my mountain bike and went to Eclat pedals for the bmx.

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 11:22:56 PM »
I had JCPCs for a while (until I realised they were putting holes in the soles of all my shoes, even with half of the non-essential pins removed) and they seemed pretty big. Bigger than my sealed JCs IIRC, and definitely a lot bigger than the Colony plastics I have on now

Offline blueee

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=141705194
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 01:13:39 PM »
sounds like you should file the pins down.
stock pins grip so much your shoes will stick while trying to eject. mine are about as grippy as a new pair of plastics

Offline ediotism

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 06:36:41 PM »
you can either ghetto file down the bolts (i.e. pedal pins), or just get shorter ones

iirc, the stock JCPCs come with 21mm long and 18mm long bolts installed. i just took one of them to a hardware stall to get matching ones at 15mm long, so i could install the 18mm ones in the 21mm slots, and the new 15mm ones in the 18mm. they're still a bit too grippy to my liking since i also ride a lot of flatland, but they should be good for street riding/ big jumps

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 11:22:18 PM »
I took them off a couple years ago while I decided what to do with them. I was going to give them to kkmk but he never collected and I have lost them in a move :| I had considered trying the next increment down in bolt length, particularly for the ones  next to the spindle (essential pins) and wanted to explore the possibility of actually using plastic in some way for the outer pins

Offline blueee

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2018, 07:58:00 AM »
you gotta file the pins short or long otherwise those threads will tear into your shoes, hook them and make you eat shit

Offline ediotism

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2018, 10:56:37 PM »
you gotta file the pins short or long otherwise those threads will tear into your shoes, hook them and make you eat shit

that's a good point - part of my pedals feeling "too grippy" was partly from them hooking onto the sole of my shoes

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2018, 05:44:10 AM »
The textured (threaded) sides of the pins I suspect make all the difference, both grip-wise and shoe wear-wise

Offline erenes

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2018, 03:43:25 PM »
Usually I snapped bend cracked PCs daily or weekly. Dozens each year.

JCPC are big enough (Im hate small and midium size pedals). And you can grind them forever. I had 3 pairs since 4 years on 2 bikes. I weared one down to the axle finally and just changed to new one. Metals pins are stopping the wear. Best invention ever.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2018, 03:43:25 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special