The Street > The Bike Shop

Gsport uniguard

<< < (2/2)

weedbix:
Fess up now before Bunky comes back

montymitch:
Sorry I disappeared.  I don't think my setup is atypical--GSport ratchet 9t in a BSD Beverage frame. I run the guard on the outside of the dropout. My chain isn't super tight--I hate super tight chains, but it isn't flopping around. I ground out the front portion to give it more clearance around the chain.

weedbix:
The hub you run can make a difference, Joytech clones typically have the chainline 13mm inward from the inside of the dropout, Ratchet  is 11.5mm. The Antigram is probably the same given it's pretty much a 17mm version of the Ratchet

I still run a Ratchet and I run my chain loose as fuck so I might have to shape a Uniguard by the sounds of it...

WoBBLE:
I run a small strip of duct tape on the inside of the guard for chain-muting purposes. My chain couldn't be any looser and this has worked fine for me!

JohnW:
Mine seems great so far. Ran it on non-drive on one bike that has a Hazard V3 with female axle (so no other guard fits) and on the drive side of my Sunday Cyclone. On the Cyclone on my S&M Randy Brown (I'm guessing dropout slots have a slight angle?) it barely rubs the chain. Can hear it when pedaling but it doesn't bind or anything. Been meaning to grind it down a hair but I don't run 4 pegs often so I haven't gotten around to it.

I also drilled the hole for the anti spin pin 1mm larger and removed it in favor of screwing the Odyssey J-Peg Light anti spin pin through the guard into the peg. Now neither of them can spin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version