Multimedia

Author Topic: When's the last time you rode your bike?  (Read 46955 times)

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: When's the last time you rode your bike?
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2018, 04:11:36 PM »
Besides a couple minutes of easy pedalling, end of December. I tore an ab muscle the next week and have been sitting on my ass since then.

Update:

I reinjured the same area so I have a CT scan next week to determine what's next. Either keep sitting on my ass with no riding, or surgery and then recovery with no riding. Either way no bikes for me for the next month or two.

Update again: CT scan showed no remaining injury so physical therapy should get me past the current pain. Meaning... I might actually ride a bike this month. I really fucking hope so.

Offline blueee

• Dumbest, Ugliest, Rattiest spot searching master on bikeguide
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=141705194
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2018, 10:47:26 PM »
landed a new trick today. Manuel to rock and roll a big quarter and the other day I learned how to Manuel-tireslide over a small parking block spine

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2018, 11:33:39 PM »
I wish I could properly manual

Offline Dick

• Send Dudes
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2018, 06:20:53 PM »
After a solid 3 year hiatus I started again, then pulled my back really bad and haven’t in months. Trying to start up again here soon though.
Quote from: alex.;3333492
I don\'t think anyone is going to literally kill her. She\'ll probably just get thrown in jail and get raped a bunch.

Offline jonathan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2018, 03:06:53 PM »
I rode bmx from the early '90s as a teenager until i was about 30. I lived in San Antonio for most of my 20s where there were endless fun ditches to ride and some good bmx friends. I was really into photography as well, which was half my motivation.

About ten years ago i got the itch to explore moutain bike trails and bought a used steel singlespeed mountain bike with a rigid fork. Those are built like a bmx bike but certainly don't handle like them. I started riding that more and more, started working in a bike shop, and left the bmx bike at home more often.

I moved to Atlanta, where I was surrounded by awesome mtb trails and mtbers to ride with, and surprisingly few bmx spots and riders. I sold my bmx bike and put the money into mtb stuff.

I was in ATL for three years before moving back to Texas. Austin is now my long term home and I thought I would enjoy riding bmx a lot more after moving here. I got a good deal on a used Premium bike and only used it a few times, then sold it. The magic was just gone. When I tried to ride bmx again this time, it was only fun for about an hour. When I am out on the mtb trails, the only things that bring me home are adult responsibilities or utter exhaustion.

At 36 years old, I think my body would have little trouble getting back into bmx, but it's just not as fun for me as ripping around the dirt and rocks on big, bouncy tires (29er, singlespeed,  rigid fork most of the time).

I would consider getting a 26" DJ bike for pump track and skatepark flowin. I will have to borrow one sometime. My office is right around the corner from the Walnut Creek BMX pumptrack.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 03:11:45 PM by jonathan »

Offline jonathan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2018, 03:13:52 PM »
For you aging riders with back issues: strengthen your core!!! Start with planks. See if you can do 30 seconds facing down, left, and the right. If you can, do reps. Increase the time you hold it. That's part of what my chiro made me do and it helped a TON.

Offline amishrob

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/ewankrob
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2018, 01:46:18 AM »
Went out yesterday for the first time in around 3 years. I can still feeble and smith downledges in shitty skateparks, muscle memory is still there but everything is much more physically exhausting.

Offline JohnW

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2018, 08:15:17 PM »
Yesterday.

Been riding way more than ever the past year or two. Something "clicked" this winter (rode indoor parks 1-2 times a week which has never happened any winter before) and now I have more bike control than I ever did? Wish that happened years ago so I'd actually be good by now.
My LAF
Quote from: super_chief;3602916
I put my nuts on that axle before it shipped, FYI

Offline therussianbabe

• Hamster Muncher
  • Investing Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2018, 02:17:21 AM »
Six years now. Have been contemplating coming back before it's too late to.

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2018, 03:39:18 AM »
I tell a lie - I did ride from work and then to work the next day when my car was at the shop last June and rode for 10mins in the yard at work after setting up some pallets with the fork lol

Just got back from a ride then. Couldn't ride flat for shit but the 2 wheel stuff still works

Offline montymitch

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2018, 10:01:13 PM »
Finally getting some rideable weather here in WY and all I want to ride is my road bike and my fatbike. The BMX is getting very little love.

Offline ralph wiggum

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2018, 06:48:51 PM »
Other than pedaling around in front of the house, I haven't ridden BMX in over a year. I think I went on two rides on the big bike last summer.

Offline Arttu

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2018, 05:02:55 AM »
About 3 years ago I guess. I've probably ridden (as in spending a few hours doing tricks) under 10 times in the last 5 years.

However, I just ordered a new rear wheel and a bunch of other parts and I'm actually really psyched to start riding again!

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2018, 05:16:13 AM »
Dabbling is where it's at

Offline ediotism

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2018, 06:17:50 AM »
have a niece just about tall enough to start to learn riding bikes, i may buy some 16" or 18" wheels for mine so we can both try something new together

incidentally, the trick to being a kid's favourite uncle is to kill all the other ones before they get to interact with them

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2018, 06:17:50 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello