Multimedia

Author Topic: The motorcycle thread  (Read 22969 times)

Brooklynrider

Re: The motorcycle thread
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2018, 02:52:05 PM »
Speaking of doing things outside, I finally put my first bike back together. There were a few things I've always wanted to address on this bike and I finally had the time to throw it all together. Building this thing from the engine up took me less than an hour and I did it all alone. I'm not sure if thats a good thing or I've just taken this thing apart too many times. Notable work on this bike would be XS650 front end lowered and brembo'd, kick only SL350 crankcase with close-ratio gears, TM28 flatslide carbs, and electric system simplified with electronic ignition, high output stator, 4-cell antigravity, and LED lights. I've definitely outgrown this bike but it's still fun to rip around on a 300lb bike.
image" border="0

Offline Aesop Rock

• O.G. Member
  • Helve
    • View Profile
    • http://www.internetisseriousbusiness.com
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2018, 12:08:21 AM »

4" over front end last weekend. Bought another set of lowers, going to shave the tabs and do some ribs, polish em up and send them out for clear anno when I get back to work next week. Slowly getting there.

Offline joelite44

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2018, 03:25:33 PM »
Had to undo the head cover and valves, there was some oil mixing into the cylinder.
This is a 1997 so it must have some problems, this is one. waiting on some new rings, gaskets for removed parts and circlips. I want to do the valve seals but need to see if the valves have any wear. Overall checking it.
IMG_7353
IMG_7224
IMG_7214
IMG_7212
IMG_7131
IMG_7127

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2018, 03:25:33 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special