The Street > The Lounge

Aphantasia

<< < (2/3) > >>

human:
I believe it - a friend of mine hit his head and could no longer taste or smell.

Somewhat related - I didn’t officially find out I was colorblind until I was almost 18. Until then, I thought I was just stupid and didn’t know my colors. It still fucks with me to this day.

Alex.:

--- Quote from: human on December 22, 2017, 05:47:02 PM ---I believe it - a friend of mine hit his head and could no longer taste or smell.
--- End quote ---

I smacked my head on the ground and it fucked up my sense of smell and taste. At least it's still there, just a bit different and took a while to learn how things taste now. Wish I could blame my reatrdation on that, though.

OP, I don't really get the concept. I've always assumed picturing something in your head was just you being able to remember what something looked like in the past, rather than closing your eyes and seeing an image on your eyelids. Like if I picture my old house, I can envision the layout out and everything but it's not like an image I'm seeing. Basically, how I would walk through my house and be able to dodge walls and furniture if it were dark inside. You saying I'm brain blind too? Fuck you!

If I try to think of what shit smells like, I don't actually magically smell a shit, but I can remember what one smells like. I don't really get it I guess. I guess that's why some people can visualize things better, like for example what a room would look like painted certain colors or with certain furniture?

Alex.:
I still can’t wrap my head around this. How to you remember what anything or anyone be looks like? Like, if you close your eyes and try to picture what your mom looks like... you can’t do it?

JFax:

--- Quote from: Alex. on December 22, 2017, 06:38:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: human on December 22, 2017, 05:47:02 PM ---I believe it - a friend of mine hit his head and could no longer taste or smell.
--- End quote ---

I smacked my head on the ground and it fucked up my sense of smell and taste. At least it's still there, just a bit different and took a while to learn how things taste now. Wish I could blame my reatrdation on that, though.
--- End quote ---

I met a girl who was born without the ability to smell. I couldnt grasp how living without being able to smell would be, and still cant.

Prodigal Son:
Kinda dangerous. I can’t smell smoke, VOCs, when my food is starting to burn, if there’s something up w my car, don’t remember what my wife or dog smell like, whether to regret not showering after sex, and I can stand being around foul shit no problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version