Multimedia

Author Topic: DR. BG plz help  (Read 7848 times)

Offline Alex.

• usually drunk.
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 knucks deep
    • View Profile
DR. BG plz help
« on: November 26, 2017, 09:44:45 PM »
Got drunk one night years ago and long story short cracked my head off the ground and got knocked silly for a bit. To be fair, I don't know if I was concussed or not but I've had 5 concussions in the past, prior to this little stunt. Ever since then (almost 3 years ago now), nothing tastes or smells the same. Cola tastes like acid and cleaning products smell like burning.

Been hoping things would go back to normal at some point but I think I've officially given up hope at this point. DR. BG help, I don't have health insurance anymore.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 09:46:31 PM by Alex. »
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: DR. BG plz help
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 11:04:00 PM »
Something like that is not really something you want to entrust to intarknits, even if it is people you have a fair idea of. Probably a leison on your brain which Dr BG isn't going to be able to halp you with

Not what you want, but alas

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 02:04:29 PM »
When I had a serious brain injury 5 years ago I noticed the same thing. All the food I was eating was bland. Sometime later after examining CT scans we found my olfactory nerves had severed from the olfactory bulb. There is this "mesh" these nerves grow through. It sort of acts as a knife when you brain bobbles around inside your skull and they are cut. If this mesh isn't fucked up, you're lucky. The olfactory nerves are one (if only) regenerative neuron. They can grow back through there.

Do some reading on anosmia.

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 03:00:17 PM »
Get bluemeate to perform surgery

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 09:57:18 PM »
Speaking of surgery. I blew out my knee this month. Had an MRI on Saturday and found out my acl was ruptured. I have surgery on the 11th.

I know there's lots of dudes who ride after acl surgery. Fuck though! I want to do more than bmx for the rest of my life.

Offline JFax

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 02:31:14 AM »
Knew a guy that rode with a huge knee brace, like from the hip to the ankle. Obviously limits your riding, but it protects your damaged ACL like nothing else.
Quote from: andreasTHN;1991264
He is so good that he probably doesnt have a serial number on his frame, just a cheat code...

Offline bluebmx

• Administrator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 07:01:28 PM »
Speaking of surgery. I blew out my knee this month. Had an MRI on Saturday and found out my acl was ruptured. I have surgery on the 11th.

I know there's lots of dudes who ride after acl surgery. Fuck though! I want to do more than bmx for the rest of my life.

I don't see the choice having to be made between "doing more than bmx for the rest of your life" or riding post-surgery. Unless it's some type of SUPER messed up or if you've got some hack doctor, I don't see why you can't have bmx and a life outside of bmx after surgery. I had to go through ACL surgery a few years ago and yeah the rehab is no fun, but I did it all as I was suppose to and now I can't feel any difference between before and after... other than that one nerve that have to cut to get in that leaves a little numb patch on the side of you lower leg... but it's rather inconsequential.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 09:37:28 PM »
Thanks Brett! I was pretty scared. 6 weeks later I'm walking pretty well and riding my single speed on a track stand. I am excited about riding this fall. I'm not done with bmx. Do you still have back problems?

Offline bluebmx

• Administrator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 10:19:41 PM »
Thanks Brett! I was pretty scared. 6 weeks later I'm walking pretty well and riding my single speed on a track stand. I am excited about riding this fall. I'm not done with bmx. Do you still have back problems?

The big issue I had is still well under control with some daily exercises. I do also have a bit of scoliosis which isnt helping matters right now, but I've got a good rehab dude that is helping get things under control. On the knee thing, I run a CTI with the MX knee pad and it's a bit bulky, but really feels nice. I know some studies suggest that knee braces may only prevent re-injury by 15%, but I'll gladly take any percent I can get.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 10:19:41 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special