The Street > The Lounge

DR. BG plz help

<< < (2/2)

JFax:
Knew a guy that rode with a huge knee brace, like from the hip to the ankle. Obviously limits your riding, but it protects your damaged ACL like nothing else.

bluebmx:

--- Quote from: Prodigal Son on November 28, 2017, 09:57:18 PM ---Speaking of surgery. I blew out my knee this month. Had an MRI on Saturday and found out my acl was ruptured. I have surgery on the 11th.

I know there's lots of dudes who ride after acl surgery. Fuck though! I want to do more than bmx for the rest of my life.

--- End quote ---

I don't see the choice having to be made between "doing more than bmx for the rest of your life" or riding post-surgery. Unless it's some type of SUPER messed up or if you've got some hack doctor, I don't see why you can't have bmx and a life outside of bmx after surgery. I had to go through ACL surgery a few years ago and yeah the rehab is no fun, but I did it all as I was suppose to and now I can't feel any difference between before and after... other than that one nerve that have to cut to get in that leaves a little numb patch on the side of you lower leg... but it's rather inconsequential.

Prodigal Son:
Thanks Brett! I was pretty scared. 6 weeks later I'm walking pretty well and riding my single speed on a track stand. I am excited about riding this fall. I'm not done with bmx. Do you still have back problems?

bluebmx:

--- Quote from: Prodigal Son on February 02, 2018, 09:37:28 PM ---Thanks Brett! I was pretty scared. 6 weeks later I'm walking pretty well and riding my single speed on a track stand. I am excited about riding this fall. I'm not done with bmx. Do you still have back problems?

--- End quote ---

The big issue I had is still well under control with some daily exercises. I do also have a bit of scoliosis which isnt helping matters right now, but I've got a good rehab dude that is helping get things under control. On the knee thing, I run a CTI with the MX knee pad and it's a bit bulky, but really feels nice. I know some studies suggest that knee braces may only prevent re-injury by 15%, but I'll gladly take any percent I can get.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version