The Street > The Lounge

My plans are to move to the LA area in under two years.

<< < (2/6) > >>

KirkShearer:
I live in Redlands, San Bernardino County. 50 miles from L.A., Riverside's even closer. Both super-packed with street spots and parks to ride. SUPER Solid scene in Riverside and L.A., buncha huge jamz n' shit. The west coast is big a network of riders.
Hollywood sucks ass. There's an app for $5 with all the spots, called "SkateSpots". Runs on your phone like google/apple maps based on your current location, and allows you to search for street spots and parks nearby. The train on the weekends is 10$ all day, runs from San Bernardino to LA, or Orange County, to San Diego and back, at multiple times. Plenty of room for bikes on the train always.
The beach is f69ckin' tits, San Diego POPPIN, San Jose POPPIN.

BonerhasBent:
San Diego is where its at! LA is over priced, waaaaaay over crowded and full of dumbass rich fucks! Now, i know LA has some great offers, but for me, its miserable. I've lived in San Diego my whole life, and its great, although it is getting crowded too. North County San Diego is where its at, and is where i live. If you live a simple, minimal lifestyle its easy to make rent. I pay $700 for a small 450sq.ft. studio. Its 30-mins from the beach. The deals are out there, keep searching and you will find what your looking for.   Plenty to ride, and not crazy expensive depending the the job you have. Although the closer to the coast, the more your going to pay. There is a great BMX community here, a lot of pro riders live here as well. Good skateparks, and some awesome trail spots, plenty of collage pussy too. If your into riding MTB its got some great spots as well.
Overall i wouldn't mess with LA. Riverside/San Bernardino is okay, but hot and haggard.
It all depends on where you can find a place to live. I can tell you right now, any place in California, is gona be better then where your at now. Make the move, see what happens, you can always go back to what you know.

Alex.:

--- Quote from: master on October 20, 2017, 01:41:38 PM ---Talk to Sokolaka about San Diego, he seems to like it down there.

How would cost of living compare to where you are now? Would you get getting a raise to make up for the higher rent/tax/etc?

--- End quote ---

I'd be making the same hourly rate at like $18 an hour starting off but I don't know if the taxes are different over there and what not.

--- Quote from: BonerhasBent on October 25, 2017, 12:12:38 AM ---San Diego is where its at! LA is over priced, waaaaaay over crowded and full of dumbass rich fucks! Now, i know LA has some great offers, but for me, its miserable. I've lived in San Diego my whole life, and its great, although it is getting crowded too. North County San Diego is where its at, and is where i live. If you live a simple, minimal lifestyle its easy to make rent. I pay $700 for a small 450sq.ft. studio. Its 30-mins from the beach. The deals are out there, keep searching and you will find what your looking for.   Plenty to ride, and not crazy expensive depending the the job you have. Although the closer to the coast, the more your going to pay. There is a great BMX community here, a lot of pro riders live here as well. Good skateparks, and some awesome trail spots, plenty of collage pussy too. If your into riding MTB its got some great spots as well.
Overall i wouldn't mess with LA. Riverside/San Bernardino is okay, but hot and haggard.
It all depends on where you can find a place to live. I can tell you right now, any place in California, is gona be better then where your at now. Make the move, see what happens, you can always go back to what you know.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info! I currently pay $675 for a 390 sq. ft. studio apartment so that really isn't out of reach at all. I was expecting all these places to be like $1300 a month or something due to the location. Yeah, I'm not pumped on LA itself but would like to live in SoCal somewhere not to distant from the coast.

weedbix:
Socal might be jarring if you are used to Wisconsin. Norcal is still hella clement

blueee:
la is huge. is your job going to be in the cool hollywood part or some shit suburb in the far desert east?

rent is expensive down there, move in a house with people if you don't want to pay more than 1k for rent and you don't suck to live with.

the skateparks down there are plentiful but are kinda whack compared to other parts of Cali. do you wanna ride your bike to work and play and live or do you wanna drive around in shitty la traffic all the time, consider that when you pick somewhere to live. going five fucking miles can take up to 20minutes in some places/time-of-day, now just imagine trying to go 20miles, or even drive across Los Angeles at 4pm on  a weekday.. okay I'm just rambling now. living in a city is awesome

excuse any wierd ass auto corrects by my phone

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version