The Street > The Lounge

My plans are to move to the LA area in under two years.

(1/6) > >>

Alex.:
I'm tired of WI and my job consists of working outside for practically my entire work day. -30 degree F temps can piss off. I'm able to transfer over to California in a years time and am just curious as to where I should look to live.

My brother is moving to LA and I'd love to be close to him if I'm packing my bags and venturing across the country. I'm single and shit so I don't have to worry about a family or kids. It's always been a dream of mine really to get out to the west coast and start my own thing out there. So any SoCal guys have any insight on cities/areas to look for? I'm currently paying $675 for rent in a 400 sq. ft. studio apartment + electricity and internet. Although my car will be paid off next summer so there's an extra $500 a month to play with, although it'd be nice not to spend all of that $500.

I looked online at some studio apartments in LA and they're close to what I'm payin now, although they are about half the size. Outside of LA is cool but just close to the coast and that part of the state is what I'm after. Let me know!

Narcoleptic Insomniac:
I don't have anything useful to contribute but the same has been kind of a dream of mine for some time too. Also, San Diego is pretty cool. Good luck.

Alex.:

--- Quote from: Narcoleptic Insomniac on October 18, 2017, 05:12:32 PM ---I don't have anything useful to contribute but the same has been kind of a dream of mine for some time too. Also, San Diego is pretty cool. Good luck.

--- End quote ---

Thanks man.

It's always just been a dream of mine. For some reason, growing up in rural Wisconsin... I still haven't grown into the idea of shit living for half the year and hunting for the other half. I love small town and I hate small town. It's going to be really scary and a huge step to just leave my entire family and friends. And I can't predict what will happen in the future but I truly feel this will make me happier.

I feel like I'm growing away from my High School friends and my family. Any girl I try to talk to over here just doesn't work out because "I used to be a punk". So I'm just over it. Wish me luck, fellas. BG lives.

paranoidmexican:
if you love Cali you might like Austin too, probably cheaper. I have a lot of family in Santa Ana area and it's a really nice place, just really expensive. god speed!!!!

master:
Talk to Sokolaka about San Diego, he seems to like it down there.

How would cost of living compare to where you are now? Would you get getting a raise to make up for the higher rent/tax/etc?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version