Multimedia

Author Topic: The motorcycle thread  (Read 22971 times)

Offline joelite44

• View Profile
The motorcycle thread
« on: October 04, 2017, 01:02:20 PM »
Well seeing as this site needs a Little more traffic, I want to discuss a topic most every person who likes bikes can talk about.

So what are the perks of being a motorcyclist? What have you experienced with different brands as Yamaha, Kawasaki and what made you give up on them?

As a starter I would like to know any type of stories. So let the rumbling begin.

;()

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
Re: The motorcycle thread
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 01:21:32 PM »
I can't be trusted on one. I make poor enough decisions on a bmx as it is.

Offline joelite44

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 04:59:52 PM »
I can't be trusted on one. I make poor enough decisions on a bmx as it is.
I hear you, My dad wants me to get one and pay it off in a year. I cant handle debts very well let alone a motorcycle i'm gonna drive like I stole. Maybe im too young to have my own motorcycle and they seem to me like only shiny objects.

Offline Aesop Rock

• O.G. Member
  • Helve
    • View Profile
    • http://www.internetisseriousbusiness.com
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 09:33:59 PM »

Motorcycles rule. I took a ride out to Julian a couple weeks back because I had some time off between switching jobs. I started on a 250, moved up to a 500 and am now pretty happy with my 883. Eventually I'll punch it out to a 1200/1250 and do all the little shit to give it more oomf without killing reliability and milage.

My advice to anyone who wants to get into riding is take your time. Start off with a used bike of smaller displacement and understand that it's an entirely different world than being in a car. People will tell you that you need to ride like everyone is trying to kill you. Believe them. My best friend was hit last Wednesday by a dumb cunt who made an illegal left in front of him, and he literally broke every limb in his body. He was going the speed limit, riding safely, and now he won't be able to walk for at least 6 months. Take the MSF if you can, it will teach you more than you can imagine and will give you the opportunity to learn the skills without the risk of damaging your own bike,

Also, choppers forever.

Offline joelite44

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 06:51:30 PM »

Motorcycles rule. I took a ride out to Julian a couple weeks back because I had some time off between switching jobs. I started on a 250, moved up to a 500 and am now pretty happy with my 883. Eventually I'll punch it out to a 1200/1250 and do all the little shit to give it more oomf without killing reliability and milage.

My advice to anyone who wants to get into riding is take your time. Start off with a used bike of smaller displacement and understand that it's an entirely different world than being in a car. People will tell you that you need to ride like everyone is trying to kill you. Believe them. My best friend was hit last Wednesday by a dumb cunt who made an illegal left in front of him, and he literally broke every limb in his body. He was going the speed limit, riding safely, and now he won't be able to walk for at least 6 months. Take the MSF if you can, it will teach you more than you can imagine and will give you the opportunity to learn the skills without the risk of damaging your own bike,

Also, choppers forever.

I feel you. I have a GY6 scooter and thats basically it. It is just fun to ride but not good looking at all. I wanted to bump onto the Japanese 750 this year but I guess that is not going to be happening. Maybe a 250 later on next year. Safe travels :)

Offline PabstBlueRibbon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 09:14:27 PM »
I got side swiped last Friday. just a dent in the tank but man am I pist!

Offline joelite44

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 11:57:21 AM »

Just bought this.

Offline madmax12

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2017, 08:23:20 PM »
One of the perks is that a beautiful girl can hug you while you are driving  ;)

Offline Aesop Rock

• O.G. Member
  • Helve
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 10:33:57 PM »
Was the oil leak extra?

Brooklynrider

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 03:53:31 PM »
Was the oil leak extra?
He accidentally bought a harley

Offline Aesop Rock

• O.G. Member
  • Helve
    • View Profile

Brooklynrider

Offline joelite44

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 03:11:15 PM »
That is gas.

Brooklynrider

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2018, 07:13:11 PM »
Here are my two. Scrambler is the one I built from the ground up and what I experiment on. It's also the one that everyone said I would never finish (Aesop I believe).
IMG_8050" border="0
IMG_7441" border="0
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 07:46:27 PM by Brooklynrider »

Offline Aesop Rock

• O.G. Member
  • Helve
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2018, 07:23:17 PM »
Was the oil leak extra?
He accidentally bought a harley

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total-loss_oiling_system
Don't think thats a steam engine..
"A total-loss oiling system is an engine lubrication system whereby oil is introduced into the engine, and then either burned or ejected overboard. Now rare in four-stroke engines, total loss oiling is still used in many two-stroke engines."

Reading is hard. Harley VL's used a total loss system, hence the "Harley's leak oil hurr durr" misconception.

That is gas.
Figured as much. From the overflow lines? Used to happen to my Honda when the floats would stick. Rust/dirt from the tank would flow through the lines and keep the needle from being able to close all the way. Old bikes for ya.
Here are my two. Scrambler is the one I built from the ground up and what I experiment on. It's also the one that everyone said I would never finish (Aesop I believe).

Try a different hosting site. Can't see these bikes.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2018, 07:23:17 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special