The Street > The Lounge

The motorcycle thread

(1/7) > >>

joelite44:
Well seeing as this site needs a Little more traffic, I want to discuss a topic most every person who likes bikes can talk about.

So what are the perks of being a motorcyclist? What have you experienced with different brands as Yamaha, Kawasaki and what made you give up on them?

As a starter I would like to know any type of stories. So let the rumbling begin.

;()

Prodigal Son:
I can't be trusted on one. I make poor enough decisions on a bmx as it is.

joelite44:

--- Quote from: Prodigal Son on October 05, 2017, 01:21:32 PM ---I can't be trusted on one. I make poor enough decisions on a bmx as it is.

--- End quote ---
I hear you, My dad wants me to get one and pay it off in a year. I cant handle debts very well let alone a motorcycle i'm gonna drive like I stole. Maybe im too young to have my own motorcycle and they seem to me like only shiny objects.

Aesop Rock:

Motorcycles rule. I took a ride out to Julian a couple weeks back because I had some time off between switching jobs. I started on a 250, moved up to a 500 and am now pretty happy with my 883. Eventually I'll punch it out to a 1200/1250 and do all the little shit to give it more oomf without killing reliability and milage.

My advice to anyone who wants to get into riding is take your time. Start off with a used bike of smaller displacement and understand that it's an entirely different world than being in a car. People will tell you that you need to ride like everyone is trying to kill you. Believe them. My best friend was hit last Wednesday by a dumb cunt who made an illegal left in front of him, and he literally broke every limb in his body. He was going the speed limit, riding safely, and now he won't be able to walk for at least 6 months. Take the MSF if you can, it will teach you more than you can imagine and will give you the opportunity to learn the skills without the risk of damaging your own bike,

Also, choppers forever.

joelite44:

--- Quote from: Aesop Rock on October 09, 2017, 09:33:59 PM ---

Motorcycles rule. I took a ride out to Julian a couple weeks back because I had some time off between switching jobs. I started on a 250, moved up to a 500 and am now pretty happy with my 883. Eventually I'll punch it out to a 1200/1250 and do all the little shit to give it more oomf without killing reliability and milage.

My advice to anyone who wants to get into riding is take your time. Start off with a used bike of smaller displacement and understand that it's an entirely different world than being in a car. People will tell you that you need to ride like everyone is trying to kill you. Believe them. My best friend was hit last Wednesday by a dumb cunt who made an illegal left in front of him, and he literally broke every limb in his body. He was going the speed limit, riding safely, and now he won't be able to walk for at least 6 months. Take the MSF if you can, it will teach you more than you can imagine and will give you the opportunity to learn the skills without the risk of damaging your own bike,

Also, choppers forever.

--- End quote ---

I feel you. I have a GY6 scooter and thats basically it. It is just fun to ride but not good looking at all. I wanted to bump onto the Japanese 750 this year but I guess that is not going to be happening. Maybe a 250 later on next year. Safe travels :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version