The Street > The Lounge

Lower back issues

(1/2) > >>

Narcoleptic Insomniac:
I've been relatively lucky as far as back issues stemming from riding until a few weeks ago I put my foot down on an under rotated 360 and felt the force of the impact travel up my leg to my lower back and feels like something may be out of alignment or something. It's been bothering me ever since. I'll stop riding for a few days and it'll get better but as soon as I start riding again and try a rotating trick the pain will come right back.

Does anyone that's dealt with something similar have any advice as far a back strengthening exercises or anything that might help?

KirkShearer:
Yikes, well, on a similar note I used to have to crack my back every 10 - 30 minutes to ride, for YEARS. Since I quit drinking 90 days ago, and switched my diet to Vegan: 'Electric Foods' strictly, I haven't had any back pain since. I think it all leads back to eliminating toxins/free radicals; not ingesting caffeine, acidic or sugary shit because it shocks the shit outta your cells, also eating meat is eating dead and tortured cells, annnd
 that leads to your body re-creating it's own DNA worse than it was before, instead of better.
Less toxins combined with the electric foods really help your brain/body bridge those gaps, and improve existing connections.

My back AND neck used to hurt like @%&#?!! Now I ride a 1000ft climb to class twice a week on my Bmx bike with a 15lb backpack on. Now I need to work on my legs not hurting after climbing hehehe :D

O.G. David:
Wish you a sooner than later recovery. You could be riding painless in a month but my advice is to stay careful with it and how it feels from now on. I have a few things i always keep an eye on now: right scapula, right ankle, left wrist and more random things like an open bite, fragile ears... Now trying to forget about all that and keep riding this life, T1 Barcode will be here by Christmas!

LeonLikesToRock:
Stretch your hamstings a bunch and try hanging upside down (inversion therapy?). I find that the hamstring stretches make the biggest difference to my lower back issues. Some foods like tumeric can reduce inflammation but I'm not sure if that'd help your back. Might be worth looking into though.

Prodigal Son:
One of the better physical therapy exercises for my back was:
Laying on your back with knees comfortably bent and together (so your ankles are closer to your ass).
Tighten your gut and push your back to the ground.
Then lift your arms up so they are straight up, with your stomach still flexed pushed towards the ground, move your arms (still outstretched) towards your hips and then towards your head. The angle of this movement will be less than 45°
Do like 50 of these. Add weights if you feel better.

Google the pigeon yoga pose. Lying on your stomach, pull your foot towards your ass and hold. Get a foam roller too. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version