The Street > The Bike Shop

Wide Body Pedals

<< < (2/3) > >>

LuckyLuke:
Tree metal pedals are good. Decently wide with good grip.

O.G. David:
Deluxe pedals are no good, platform is too tiny, pins are brittle ones with cruciform heads. You can get them by the name Wellgo B25 for much cheaper also.
Atomlab Trailkings are good but pins have a wider diameter so you're stuck with longer than needed pins and they rip everything. Also best ones have "Marvin Loetterle" etched on them, those are the ones that get the less wobble. Have them, love them but pins damage everything they touch, be it car interior or shins.
Animal Hamilton pedals are so comfy and sturdy, they feel so much better than Trailmixes.
Had a look at Demolition Troopers, they're copies of Atomlab Trailkings with smaller pins, so plenty wide pedals!

I

rich:
I have the metal grandstands. They are the widest pedals I've ever had - almost too wide. The pins are savage, and they screw in from the back so you can trash them and still get them out. To be honest if you're riding something other than trails, they might be too much for you.

The bushing system is pretty good, you have to tighten it up every now and then but it does allow for a much bigger spindle than other pedals.

In short if you want a huge pedal with more grip than anything else that's also hella strong, they are spot on.  Maybe not so great if you like taking your feet off or if you like your shins. They'd be awesome for mountain biking too.

Zoidberg:
I have pc oddy grandstands on all my three bikes, they're dope.

Thepoolman:
i found a set of these older atom lab trailpimps on ebay for 15 bucks... they are huge and amazing...   if you can find a pair... do it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version