Multimedia

Author Topic: Trip from Seattle to LA  (Read 10518 times)

Offline Karsten4130

• View Profile
Trip from Seattle to LA
« on: May 12, 2017, 12:59:57 PM »
Hi over there! A bus of germans will travel from Seattle to LA in September. I'll be in the US for the 1st time! So excited!
We'll rent a one way RV for 3 weeks, ride trails and bowls and do a little sightseeing. Do you have any hints what we should not miss? Is there a decent spotguide online where i could check out some sweet bowls on the way? Do you know nice trails around the coast we could ride? We are not afraid of shovels of cause!
I'm really happy for any advice!
"The best BMXer is the one that has the most fun." - Sergio Layos

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
Re: Trip from Seattle to LA
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 09:42:23 PM »
From Northern Oregon, I would stay west of interstate 5. There's lots of good bowls along the way. Unless you decided to go East in the lower half of Oregon and hit up Crater lake. From I-5 go east on highway 138 to get to Crater Lake then work south on Highway 97. Klamath Falls has a decent park. Continuing south towards California, you would hit Weed. There's a funky park there that you can see the volcano Mt Shasta a few miles away. I-5 isn't far away. You could hit up Shasta City skatepark. Further south, I think Redding still has some trails going. Going further South, maybe hit up Anderson skatepark.

If I were giving my best advice, going south west from Grants Pass, Oregon on highway 199 towards Crescent City to go south along the coast on hwy 101 through the redwoods. That's one of my favorite parts of California. There is a little skatepark in Arcata. Lots of state parks through this part you could park an even at. You would be subject to go south on 101 to the San Francisco Bay Area. There's a handful of parks to hit along the way south. Petaluma, Novato, Saint Helena, and Napa have parks.

Since you're in the area if you go this way, hit up the Glory Hole. It's the overflow fullpipe at Lake Berryesa. There's campgrounds and I think even an rv park right downstream. Definitely this is something to definitely do. From there, you could go east to Sacramento. We have a couple good skateparks. If you do go to Sacramento, going south from there down hwy 99 there's a decent amount of small cities along the way with good skateparks. Elk Grove, Fresno, Delano are good. Maybe hit up Yosemite?

If you don't go to Sacramento from the Bay Area, I would skip San Fran. Go south on 680. There's a couple parks to check out in Concord and Walnut Creek. Further South San Jose has a really good park (Lake Cunningham) and a few more alright parks. South from there the Gilroy park could be worthwhile. Santa Cruz and Monterey are out of the way but neat for the tourist bit. There's probably trails in Santa Cruz. You'd have to go back east to get back on I-5 to get to LA. There's a fullpipe you could get to. It's a couple miles north of Patterson on the North bound side of the freeway.

Then you really can only go south and I can't think of much to do between there and LA. You should have it figured out there. However, if you did you the highway 99 route you could go to Woodward in Techapi.

Best of luck! Hit me up if you come to Sacramento or want some more details

Offline Louis

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 12:07:51 AM »
Kinda out of the way from Seattle but;

https://www.facebook.com/MonroeTrails

There's also Greenlake dirt jumps & with the new concrete park that has some bowl parts but you probably know that.

Offline Karsten4130

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 10:15:05 AM »
Wow, thanks guys. This will definitely help a lot! For the Glory Hole we need a boat, right?

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 11:03:31 AM »
You do need a flotation device. You might need kitty litter but I doubt it that late in the season. There will probably be enough left you could sweep it through a few times and be good.

Offline blueee

• Dumbest, Ugliest, Rattiest spot searching master on bikeguide
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=141705194
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 05:11:48 PM »
amazing flowy parks headed south down the oregon coast.

if you take the hwy99 between sf and los angeles there is tons of great skateparks and lots of terrible people/culture
if you take the i5 south, there is nothing
if you take the coast down hwy1, there is no culture, just some great trees and camping the first half and great beaches the second half

Offline Karsten4130

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 10:57:26 AM »
Trip has been great so far! We checked out all the good parks around Seattle and Portland, and hit PDX Trails. Today we are at Newberg park.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 01:11:08 AM »
Salem Oregon park is garbage as I recall.

Offline Karsten4130

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 11:15:26 PM »
In Salem we only rode some Backyard pool and went to Lincoln City from there and then down the cost on HW 101. Then back east to Grants Pass. #gypsyroad12 on Instagram.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 09:49:29 PM »
Hell yea! That looks like one of those important life events.

Offline Mahoney

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/huber872
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2017, 08:41:01 AM »
Holler if you decide to visit Reno while you're here!
Quote from: HandsomeRob;3200429
Incorrect.

You never walk out; you run and make a scene while whipping your dick everywhere and showing off your lack of a gag reflex

Offline Karsten4130

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2017, 11:47:25 AM »
We are in LA now. Any advice for BMX friendly Parks with Bowls?

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2017, 11:47:25 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello