The Street > The Bike Shop

dk golf bag now considered oversized luggage +$200 each way

<< < (3/3)

nwcstn:
Fly southwest, 2 free checked bags means employees don't give a shit. I've even been called back to the baggage because they found out I had a bike and just wanted me to let the air out of the tires. If you're worried about paying for a bag go to a military surplus and buy a canvas bag. I can fit my bmx in one if I split my front end at the stem, pull my back wheel off and take my pedals off. Works good too because you can roll the bag up when you get where you're going and strap it too your backpack, pedal from the airport.

metalbmxer:
If you’re going somewhere sunny it’s golf or camp gear, somewhere cold then it’s snowboard gear. Also you do not have to let the air out of the tires, according to the calculation (from a NASA engineer) the PSI only increases about 8 psi during the flight

RideTheWoods:

--- Quote from: LeonLikesToRock on August 27, 2017, 05:05:03 AM ---So has anyone actually been charged or is this bullshit?

--- End quote ---

I have DK bag I haven't used in probably 5 years.  I do remember when I did used to use it more often, I would get hassled HARD for it being oversized, even then.  I was always able to talk my way around the fees, but one time flying United at LAX and arguing with the manager for half hour, I literally had to pretend to leave, and then came back in, spoke to a different counter agent who didn't hassle, and made my flight. 

I'm flying to Phoenix on Monday with Southwest Airlines, and now a little nervous due to the size restriction.  What you guys think?  Time to hunt down a smaller bag?   Anybody know if that Odyssey Hawk's Nest bag is within the oversized dimensions?   

metalbmxer:

--- Quote from: RideTheWoods on January 04, 2018, 04:56:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: LeonLikesToRock on August 27, 2017, 05:05:03 AM ---So has anyone actually been charged or is this bullshit?

--- End quote ---

I have DK bag I haven't used in probably 5 years.  I do remember when I did used to use it more often, I would get hassled HARD for it being oversized, even then.  I was always able to talk my way around the fees, but one time flying United at LAX and arguing with the manager for half hour, I literally had to pretend to leave, and then came back in, spoke to a different counter agent who didn't hassle, and made my flight. 

I'm flying to Phoenix on Monday with Southwest Airlines, and now a little nervous due to the size restriction.  What you guys think?  Time to hunt down a smaller bag?   Anybody know if that Odyssey Hawk's Nest bag is within the oversized dimensions?

--- End quote ---

nah you won’t have a single issue they r one of the chillest airlines out there

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version