Multimedia

Author Topic: Millenials  (Read 9988 times)

Offline joelite44

• View Profile
Millenials
« on: December 14, 2017, 04:47:02 PM »
Being OLD(almost 30), how do you cope with the sport being over run by millenials?

Do you still have friends who ride? How do you manage riding with millenials? What other activities have you come upon since all your friends started having babies and leaving BMX?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 05:55:12 PM by joelite44 »

Offline Narcoleptic Insomniac

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Millenials
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 07:43:57 PM »
I thought millennials were everyone under 35?

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 08:00:52 PM »
There's fucking kooks my age and there are some decent dudes 15 years younger. If you're asking how to deal with the weirdos you can't identify with, that's a person problem not an activity related issue. Venture out to new skateparks, ask dudes if they want to be Instagram friends as you gently put your hand on their bike.

The other activities I engross myself in are studying, growing plants, and I've grown very accustomed to watching tv and using the internet.

Offline joelite44

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 09:16:59 PM »
My question is do you ride with the younger crews. Im thinking everyone who rides just wants to ride the same stuff over and over again while i like to venture new places but it seems that nobody keeps this mindset anymore. Just people who are close to my age. Even the old farts want to ride the same stuff over and over again.

Offline Alex.

• usually drunk.
  • Global Moderator
  • 3 knucks deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 09:45:44 PM »
You are a millennial.
(ง'̀-'́)ง

Offline paranoidmexican

• freeeeeeeestyle
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 08:10:27 AM »
Everyone I ride with is in their 40's
Perform an act of kindness without posting it to social media. Love one another.

Offline vandalsucks

• View Profile
    • http://www.hevil.com
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 08:40:17 AM »
There is a crew of younger dudes that ride where I live that I think are horrible, so when I see them I just wave and say hi and be polite and try to not get lost in the vape clouds that follow them while they are intsagramming the sweet flyouts they do. They kind of soured me on the younger riders coming up until me and my two friends that are older were riding this ledge spot a couple weeks and a kid we had never seen or met rolls up gives us a nod and just shreds with us. It gave me hope that out there in this world is still a new crop of younger guys that just want to ride bmx and have fun.

Offline joelite44

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 12:13:47 PM »
You are a millennial.
I know im classified as a Millenial but i think millenials is more aimed towards people born after year 2000. Being 26 years old I am not as tech crazed as them and I am no longer owner of my time. Maybe older people than me think of me as a millenial.

There is a crew of younger dudes that ride where I live that I think are horrible, so when I see them I just wave and say hi and be polite and try to not get lost in the vape clouds that follow them while they are intsagramming the sweet flyouts they do.

Same here, I moved near a skatepark and they even de-motivate me from going there anymore. I live by a lot of new street spots i would like to go hit but nobody is really into that. I guess im just going through some changes. i need to get me a topload stem.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 12:16:06 PM by joelite44 »

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2017, 01:45:20 PM »
"No longer owner of my time."

I love riding with younger dudes. Some of them just blow my mind with what they've learned in such a short amount of time. I can (could) hold my own riding with them but there's much I can not hope to land they do.

Offline madmax12

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2017, 08:29:18 PM »
"Being OLD(almost 30)" LOL
well being super old myself (almost 40) I must say that I still have 30ish dudes who still ride!

Offline Boomhauer

• Least Favourite JUGGALO by far
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2017, 07:49:08 PM »
Get drunk while you ride and you'll forget that everyone is at least 10 years younger than you.. Just like at the bar.
Quote from: Bink;3116353
Yeah, f**k that.  Grind everything.
Quote from: skateparkrider;3612141
The gussets are awesome.  My wife has been needing my name carved into her for about a decade.

Offline joelite44

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2017, 01:16:33 PM »
Get drunk while you ride and you'll forget that everyone is at least 10 years younger than you.. Just like at the bar.
Yeah, then I will be the drunk old dude. Too many years of that already. Just sold my freecoaster and bought a motorcycle.

ALthough i dont judge, drinking while riding seems to be the most fun, atleast for me. Then again it all seems stale unless im learning some new tricks or at some new spot.

Offline JFax

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2017, 04:37:52 AM »
I ride with a very small crew and go to skateparks and ride with whoever wanna ride. In my area most young kids are quite cool to be around but the 18-25 year olds (which is most riders here) tend to be a bit annoying. Only ride street and act all gangster all the time.

I got injured a year ago, bought a flat and now just got an expat contract and moved abroad, so I have barely been riding for a year. Nowadays it seems like I only go on organised trips with my crew twice a year. Might bring my bike here during springtime to find new friends.
Quote from: andreasTHN;1991264
He is so good that he probably doesnt have a serial number on his frame, just a cheat code...

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2017, 04:37:52 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special