Multimedia

Author Topic: Debt/Credit Score/Budgeting  (Read 33155 times)

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
Re: Debt/Credit Score/Budgeting
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2016, 01:34:37 PM »
Being tired after work and being a lazy turd isn't as nice as not making a payment for interest alone is it?

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2016, 07:17:14 PM »
I second the slow cooker comment, so fucking good. You can also use really cheap cuts of meat...a shit piece of meat cooked for 8 hours becomes an average piece of meat at the very worst. Pulled pork burgers, lamb shanks, chilli beef, the list goes on.

If you want recipes, follow pages like Tasty on Facebook. There is a lot of crap ones, but some are really good, cheap and easy.
Quote from: Christopher T.;3571083
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2016, 09:02:30 PM »
I refuse to believe you're Mexican and don't know how to make cheap burritos.

Where do I select an index fund? I spent a half hour googling about and sorta understand.

Offline paranoidmexican

• freeeeeeeestyle
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2016, 09:06:27 PM »
I refuse to believe you're Mexican and don't know how to make cheap burritos.

Where do I select an index fund? I spent a half hour googling about and sorta understand.

Burritos are more tex-mex and I'm not a big tex-mex fan. Sorry.

My mom literally just gave me a slow cooker. Stoked.
Perform an act of kindness without posting it to social media. Love one another.

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2016, 11:37:16 PM »
Also, beans and rice. Fucking love beans and rice and you can feed 4 people for about $3.
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2016, 01:32:25 AM »
Retweet on the beans and rice. Also retweet on being in debt 

It takes a hell of a lot of money to be a grownup.

Adam what the fuck were you thinking getting into an auto loan at 20% get out of that shit fast.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 01:34:54 AM by BilboBaggins »

Offline Dr. Steve Brule

• Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2016, 02:35:26 AM »
I've got my financial situation down to an art. Basically spend nothing Mon-Fri and survive off bananas at work, then do a big food shop on the weekend for veg / fruit primarily, go to Costco once a month for other shit like rice, tinned goods etc. Ride my bike everywhere so no daft car costs. My mortgage is completely covered by the rent I charge my girlfriend for living with me. Leaves me with masses of disposable income to waste on expensive bikes, beer and holidays, the important things in life.

Offline paranoidmexican

• freeeeeeeestyle
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2016, 06:11:42 AM »
Retweet on the beans and rice. Also retweet on being in debt 

It takes a hell of a lot of money to be a grownup.

Adam what the fuck were you thinking getting into an auto loan at 20% get out of that shit fast.

I was dumb and impatient. The vehicles are refinanced as of yesterday.that's almost 500 I'm saying a month on both vehicles now. 

When I worked out of town and was given money for hotels in would get the cheapest hotel and split it with 3 other guys and buy bread/ham/ Mayo etc and eat nothing but sandwich all week. Going to try something like that again. Like I said earlier my biggest problem is I seem to have an addiction to going out to eat.
Perform an act of kindness without posting it to social media. Love one another.

Offline MEAT

• I AM THE LAW
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2016, 07:07:57 AM »
You might as well keep going out while you still can, because pretty soon all that shits coming to a screeching halt for the best part of 2 decades. Happy hrs, cheaper places, meal deals, whatever + cheaper beer.

Offline Aesop Rock

• O.G. Member
  • Helve
    • View Profile
    • http://www.internetisseriousbusiness.com
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2016, 02:58:47 AM »
I've got my financial situation down to an art. Basically spend nothing Mon-Fri and survive off bananas at work, then do a big food shop on the weekend for veg / fruit primarily, go to Costco once a month for other shit like rice, tinned goods etc. Ride my bike everywhere so no daft car costs. My mortgage is completely covered by the rent I charge my girlfriend for living with me. Leaves me with masses of disposable income to waste on expensive bikes, beer and holidays, the important things in life.

Biggest envy boner right now.

Danno

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2016, 06:50:46 PM »
I'm a budget king. I have set up my online banking so that two days after pay day every month, money goes into 6 different accounts which are all set aside for different things. I've got accounts for mortgage/bills/food, holidays, clothes, savings, car maintenance (MOT, servicing and repairs kitty) and even put money aside for Christmas/birthdays. Anything left over is to do whatever I want with that month.

If you can do that and pretend that the money in those accounts doesn't exist unless it is for those specific things then there aren't many things to pop up that can screw you over financially. Another thing that I do is look at what's in my spending account and divide it by the amount of days left till payday...a bit like when you're on holiday with foreign currency. It gives you a good idea of what your disposable income is for the month by the day and makes you keep on eye on what you are wasting money on in the week. When you hit halfway through the month there's shit loads of money left per day and it doesn't feel so bad to buy expensive shit.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 06:52:35 PM by Danno »

Offline Dr. Steve Brule

• Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2016, 06:24:22 AM »
Yeah that's definitely a big key to success, all my direct debits / mortgage / bills come out the day after payday, makes things so much easier when it comes to budgeting and giving you a clear idea of what you actually have.

One thing I would definitely recommend if you can afford to, is overpaying your mortgage. I put an extra £100 a month into mine and it knocks years off it.

Offline Sasha

• Pro_Tom
  • Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2016, 07:38:52 AM »
I spend all of my money on booze and cocaine. $2300 a month sounds retarded to pay out. I pay £240 a month for my rent and phone bill.

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2016, 08:58:31 PM »
What's an 8 ball of charlie go for in the UK?

Offline paranoidmexican

• freeeeeeeestyle
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2016, 06:51:53 AM »
So one week down and I realized I spend about $200 on breakfast/lunch a month! Started cooking, made some spaghetti and now I've got lunch for 2 days. Crazy how you think "eh what's 10 bucks" adds up quick.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2016, 06:51:53 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special