Multimedia

Author Topic: WTP Supreme cassette hub  (Read 6845 times)

Offline returner

• View Profile
WTP Supreme cassette hub
« on: May 11, 2016, 11:27:17 AM »
Hey guys, I was wondering did any of you got a hold of the new Supreme hub that came out a couple of years back maybe? Not the q-lite but the new supreme. Like the first patch they sold.
Do they still work? Or did any problems occur?
My experience was like this: I bought it and loved it at first. But I had to tighten my chain a few times and then the hub started to clutch. So after a while I understood that the driver lock nut pushed on the driver. There were friction marks so I decided to file the lock nut a bit. It worked untill I had to tighten the rear wheel again. So I think that the lock nut was made from some kind of soft metal that deformed again and again. Finally I filed off the other side of the hub too(cone and a bit of the hubshell), so that there would be no friction on the driver side nor the other side. But yet again the lock nut started pushing it. So finally I just bought the antigram hub, and left the wtp. I ordered it from us to europe and WTP told me to contact local distributor for warranty but finally they never wrote me back so I just left it there.

But Im still wondering that was I the only one, or did someone else had any similar problems.
WTP page now has the 2016 hub but Im afraid to buy a new one again. I used to have qlite so I thought that WTP made another bulletproof hub again.

Offline Louis

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: WTP Supreme cassette hub
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 12:11:09 PM »
Sounds shitty

I doubt they would warranty it now that it's been filed on. Of course if it's a known issue maybe?

I've not heard of this issue, but this forum isn't exactly the most up to date. I'm guessing you've googled? Maybe scroll their/their distributors instagram or facebook for comments from other people.

Offline JFax

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 03:17:01 AM »
What about just installing some other lock nuts on your old hub, if you still have it?
Would be the easiest way to get back on your bike if the Anti-gram is broken.
Quote from: andreasTHN;1991264
He is so good that he probably doesnt have a serial number on his frame, just a cheat code...

Offline got bike?

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 06:37:21 PM »
Like already said, might only need a new locknut. I know about that We the people supreme hub that served for ages.

By the way, does anybody know if TSC/Primo/Profile or alternative spring will work for Antigram without a modification in the bent area?

Re: Wait, i think i seen a hub with same issue. There was a gap between driver bearings where a spacer were supposed to fit, that caused the driver moving to sides and was grinding against the locknut. check if bearings in driver are well placed.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 07:53:41 AM by got bike? »

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 11:00:39 AM »

By the way, does anybody know if TSC/Primo/Profile or alternative spring will work for Antigram without a modification in the bent area?

Nope, but the correct springs should be readily available as spares.

:)
G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline got bike?

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 08:11:24 PM »

Nope, but the correct springs should be readily available as spares.

:)
G.

Ok... I guess i only have to try to find and replace them.

I recently found what might be the cause of springs to break. I think it's the wobble on the driver bearing, it increased and result the pawls to not engage properly. I will confirm after i replace them in few weeks if anyone is interested.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 08:11:24 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special