Multimedia

Author Topic: Canada post lockout  (Read 4968 times)

Offline streetStreet

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
Canada post lockout
« on: July 07, 2016, 03:38:41 PM »
I'm calling bullshit. I live in a small town where people may or may not have bank accounts. This lockout really is not helping the big banks and that's about it.

Bull fuckin' shit.

Offline torontoflatlander

• Veteran
  • This guy
    • View Profile
Re: Canada post lockout
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 05:09:33 PM »
I work for a bike distributor now, Canpar, Purolator, Fedex, UPS, all screwed to hell. Customers are not understanding people.
Quote from: The Fresh Pinch;3592393
No one likes a salty member.

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 09:16:29 PM »
What happened here then?
Quote from: Christopher T.;3571083
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Offline Zoidberg

• Doctor
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 04:13:42 AM »
Yes, what's this all aboot?

Offline torontoflatlander

• Veteran
  • This guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 07:05:01 PM »
Well, Canada Post's union wants the usual. Higher wages, lower hours, etc. They're government owned so they're already overpaid and underworked, but this doesn't matter. Canada Post has threatened to strike (They're not even striking yet), but the mere thought of it pushed a lot of distributors to switch means of delivery. This has put an immense strain on those companies, one of which is purolator, who is also partially owned by Canada Post to begin with.

What happens is say I ship 500 apples using Canpar, 500 using Purolator, and 500 using Canada Post on a daily basis, because fuck, who doesn't love apples? (Nazi's and the Dutch, that's who)

If Canada Post says "Well, we might not deliver those apples in a week, so, you better be weary". Then I'm going to say screw it, I'll ship with the guys who I already use who aren't going on strike!

Now thats 750 apples using Canpar, and 750 apples using Purolator. It's 1/3 more than they're used to. Now multiply that by all the commercial shipments, letter mail, overnight packages of documents, regular deliveries, etc. It adds up ferociously.

On top of it, Canpar and Purolator are not taking any new customers because of the overflow, they don't have the ability to do it, and they're not about to go out and buy new truck/hire more staff in order to get the job done for what, 2 weeks, 2 months, maybe a year?

So as a private citizen, who can't get my daily mail because of the strike, and who cannot mail things like cheques, receive mail, or do anything like that, it's puts them in a spot too.

But, it's not like we're trying to separate ourselves from North America, that would be crazy Brexit talk.
Quote from: The Fresh Pinch;3592393
No one likes a salty member.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 07:05:01 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello