Multimedia

Author Topic: GT Bars?  (Read 45515 times)

Offline paranoidmexican

• freeeeeeeestyle
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: GT Bars?
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2016, 11:16:38 AM »
I remember being excited to hear that Odyssey was gonna make a 4 piece bar but then those 4x4 came out and they are the ugliest 4 piece bars ever made in my opinion.

really? I thought they looked cool. I have a set of those laying around my apartment.

So what's up with the skapegoat bars? I can't find their website, or anything about them really.

https://themake.wordpress.com/hard-shit/bars/

yeah, but I can't buy them so that link is worthless  :P
Perform an act of kindness without posting it to social media. Love one another.

Offline redface

• View Profile
    • http://www.empirebmx.com
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2016, 05:24:53 PM »
Skapegoat bars will be available in roughly a month.  we (empire) are taking pre-orders now

www.instagram.com/p/BCEXL-XR4_I/?taken-by=skapegoat256

Offline montymitch

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2016, 05:50:26 PM »
That's it. I'm throwing my T1 Elfs back on.

Offline Kyle V.

• F***s The World
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2016, 07:51:50 PM »
Sounds good, I'll keep an eye out on empire.
Quote from: Kinchy;3362258
Do cats think in meow?

Offline GUMP_

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2016, 06:57:46 PM »
I'd like to get a set of the salt bars.

I wish my back wasn't as rat shit as it is so I could ride bob bars with out feeling like I'm crippled for the next week

Offline streetStreet

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2016, 04:49:08 PM »
Volume's arent bad looking.

Offline paranoidmexican

• freeeeeeeestyle
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2016, 08:23:19 AM »
Volume's arent bad looking.

I can't get into them.....the new hoffman low drags look sweet
Perform an act of kindness without posting it to social media. Love one another.

Offline GUMP_

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2016, 04:04:04 PM »
Apparently Hoffman doesn't have an Aussie distro so I'll be ordering some low drags through empire when I have some money

Offline condrbkr

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2016, 10:40:48 AM »

Paranoid these might be up your alley. Got the small bottom piece like the Odyssey 4x4 and Hoffman Low Drags.

Offline redface

• View Profile
    • http://www.empirebmx.com
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2016, 10:00:16 AM »

Offline KillSeth

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2016, 10:55:27 AM »
LOL @ <8" rise bars.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2016, 01:56:29 PM »
Ride the bike, not the bars.

Offline alaskun

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2016, 01:50:49 AM »
newer hoffman bars on the front page of empire right now...

8.75” rise
30” width
6° backsweep
3° upsweep
material: 4130 cromo
made in USA

I got some sort of mongoose from the dump a few weeks ago with big chrome powerbend bars and primo logo grips... psyched.

also, why have I not seen anybody else mention mat breaking his old height record, on a 30ft ramp, in 2015?

...I started playing around on Big Ramps again. I rode one in March at the Old School get together at Woodward West in Tehachapi, CA. I was pushing 20 feet comfortably and felt I could go higher than I had before. There were a lot of people around and I knew I needed to do this just for myself to get the focus needed. I had been in the ER many times recently, so I second-guessed myself and walked away to prove I could and to give it more consideration. It kept burning bright, so I decided it’s in me and I had to let it come out.

I’ve been riding a lot but also flying wingsuits, which I think has helped me cross train by harnessing aggressive energy better, become one with it and flow, like the big ramp demands. Painting more has helped sharpen my focus too, plus I’m 43 years old (the holy grail of BMX or so we claim), so I decided I was mentally ready to take on the challenge.

Danny Way talked to me earlier in 2015 about designing a ramp to get more air. He wanted to go so high nobody would want to step to it. So he built this ramp (30 feet tall), kept it a secret and was ready to test it out this past May. At the same time, I had committed to push my limits on these big ramps again too, so the timing was perfect… he invited me out for the test ride.

I went out there and had a private session. I set up some unmanned cameras and filmed the whole session(s), which I’ll show later this year. I was able to break my past record. This sketchy pic was one I shot of a camera screen from one of Danny’s friends who captured it at my first session. It’s definitely not print quality but I liked how the style was so much like the original air I did on my original Big Air ramp in 1991, but higher.

It’s now been 25 years since I made a bike I could trust my life with going bigger than ever before. Let my life be an example to never give up, follow your heart and do what you want no matter how many times you’ve been knocked down and people tell you you’re crazy or it’s impossible. Keep getting up and keep your dreams alive. Keep your game true to your heart and push your life’s passions and skills, no matter how ridiculous they may seem to others. Always following your dreams to wherever they lead….

Love Life and make your dreams happen, no matter what! This is what 25 years of Hoffman Bikes is about to me. I was 18 when I set my first high air record. I had to build a bike I could trust my life with to achieve this. Now I’m 43 and I still make a bike that can back my dreams no matter how big they go….

Go Anywhere, Do Anything! Hoffman Bikes 25 years Strong!

Peace, Love, BMX – Let’s have fun in 2016!

-Mat Hoffman
my first 'real' bike was a hoffman george deluxe, george was mat's cat I think?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 04:50:50 AM by alaskun »

Offline alaskun

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2016, 02:06:50 PM »
I got some sort of mongoose from the dump a few weeks ago with big chrome powerbend bars and primo logo grips... psyched.
28.5 X 9" or so, might be a bit taller/shorter, but it's right about 9. I don't know about using them for tricks and stuff, but just wheeling them around they feel really good.

Offline milhous

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2016, 03:13:47 PM »
Alaskun, please sell me those grips. I sent you a PM as well.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2016, 03:13:47 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special