Multimedia

Author Topic: you bunch of old *****  (Read 69093 times)

Offline paranoidmexican

• freeeeeeeestyle
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: you bunce of old *****
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2016, 05:02:55 PM »
That sounds excellent. A part of me wants to move out a bit further, get a decent block and work from home, but there's no good pubs.

drink at home, be a hermit.
Perform an act of kindness without posting it to social media. Love one another.

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2016, 05:41:36 PM »
I'm a social butterfly. Oh, and I need to be close to the airport for work.
Quote from: Christopher T.;3571083
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Offline GUMP_

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2016, 11:18:35 PM »
The town closest to me (7k away has three pubs and a cidery). This is about to get full blown old man but I'm really loving having a veggie patch and some gardens. Hate mowing the lawn but feels good mowing my lawn

Offline ediotism

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2016, 12:10:03 AM »
Aye mortgages are a shiter in that way. I put an extra £100 a month on top of mine, worked out decent as after 5 years of owning when me and the ex-Mrs sold it I had an extra 6k put into it.

Approx bronze age. Bg dad chat: came to renew my mortgage yesterday, turns out I'd paid £41,000 over the first 5 yr period, 37k of that was interest. 'Oh bother' I said.

i'm not 100% on retail residential mortgages in the UK, but after your initial two years fixed terms, you have no more penalty to shop around. This means a basic move called re-financing is possible - basically you find a bank that offers lower interest rate, you shift your mortgage over to them, the new bank pays off the amount you owe the original bank immediately in a lump sum, then you owe the same amount OF PRINCIIPAL to the new bank. and since they use a lower interest rate, you end up paying less as interests.

you can therefore decide to pay the same amount each month and pay off the house sooner, or stay with the same payment period and pay less each month.

you can basically just go into each bank and ask to talk a a mortgage advisor, and tell them you're ready to refiance your house, and you'll be shopping around all the banks for the best rates, then ask them what they can offer. shop around and let the banks offer you rates.

Offline ediotism

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2016, 12:14:17 AM »
Just found out my sister+brother-in-law are up to their eyeballs in mortgage repayments and credit card debt.

if you feel generous enough to give them a piece of advice, credit card debt is the worst debt that one can have, since they charge an effective interest rate of 20-60% APR, whereas a mortgage can be from 2%-7% APR. What they want to do, is to ask the bank if the mortgage can be extended at all, and reborrow however much is needed to pay off teh credit card debt IMMEDIATELY.

sell a liver, rob a blind 5 year old autistic grandmother or whatever, steal cigarettes instead of smoking, whatever. pay off the credit card debt IMMEDIATELY.

Offline Dr. Steve Brule

• Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2016, 03:36:37 AM »
Aye mortgages are a shiter in that way. I put an extra £100 a month on top of mine, worked out decent as after 5 years of owning when me and the ex-Mrs sold it I had an extra 6k put into it.

Approx bronze age. Bg dad chat: came to renew my mortgage yesterday, turns out I'd paid £41,000 over the first 5 yr period, 37k of that was interest. 'Oh bother' I said.

i'm not 100% on retail residential mortgages in the UK, but after your initial two years fixed terms, you have no more penalty to shop around. This means a basic move called re-financing is possible - basically you find a bank that offers lower interest rate, you shift your mortgage over to them, the new bank pays off the amount you owe the original bank immediately in a lump sum, then you owe the same amount OF PRINCIIPAL to the new bank. and since they use a lower interest rate, you end up paying less as interests.

you can therefore decide to pay the same amount each month and pay off the house sooner, or stay with the same payment period and pay less each month.

you can basically just go into each bank and ask to talk a a mortgage advisor, and tell them you're ready to refiance your house, and you'll be shopping around all the banks for the best rates, then ask them what they can offer. shop around and let the banks offer you rates.

Yep this is true. I ended up saving quite a bit on my monthly repayment with my first house when I did this as I rushed with the original mortgage due to pressure from the seller / estate agent.

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2016, 04:44:48 AM »
if you feel generous enough to give them a piece of advice, credit card debt is the worst debt that one can have, since they charge an effective interest rate of 20-60% APR, whereas a mortgage can be from 2%-7% APR. What they want to do, is to ask the bank if the mortgage can be extended at all, and reborrow however much is needed to pay off teh credit card debt IMMEDIATELY.

sell a liver, rob a blind 5 year old autistic grandmother or whatever, steal cigarettes instead of smoking, whatever. pay off the credit card debt IMMEDIATELY.

Don't worry, I know all this and I probably should tell them but I'm too busy dying from a dire case of schadenfreude.
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Offline Kinchy

• Fux wit titles
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2016, 06:57:57 AM »
Credit cards can be a good way to get short term low interest finance. After I racked up a silly amount of overdraft as a student I moved it onto an interest free credit card and pay it off monthly before the 0% offer runs out. We also use one to pay our car insurance as its cheaper to pay it in one go than on a monthly basis, and then just pay it off each month to the credit card.

In regards to the mortgage, definitely best to remortgage every few years and get a cheaper deal. We went through a broker with our first mortgage, £250 fee and he will remortgage our property for as long as we are in it now for no extra cost.
Quote from: Broady;3529439
I ran ahead a bit and hid, dropped my jeans and took my top off and started chasing them whilst spraying beer all over them and making weird noises.

Offline ediotism

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2016, 11:15:55 AM »
Don't worry, I know all this and I probably should tell them but I'm too busy dying from a dire case of schadenfreude.

apologies if i come across as patronising, been on this board for so long it always felt like we're all a bunch of teenagers.

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2016, 05:04:16 PM »
Still a teen at heart I think.

As for remortgaging, they haven't had the house long enough to do that and it would only be a small saving in any case. I think they've just sorely underestimated the costs of the real world and have no desire to change their lifestyle.

Offline Aesop Rock

• O.G. Member
  • Helve
    • View Profile
    • http://www.internetisseriousbusiness.com
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2016, 03:16:10 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3_DjiLLDfo

Offline joelite44

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2016, 05:09:59 PM »
25 feels like 27. About to finish uni and whatevers next will be good.

Offline condrbkr

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2016, 02:25:40 AM »
25. The thought of paying mortgages one day scares me.

Offline pegs

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2016, 09:54:05 AM »
29 next week, fucks sake

Offline Scunny

• View Profile
Re: you bunch of old *****
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2016, 11:40:51 AM »
Need to add to this adult chat - just found out the gf is preggers with twins.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

Re: you bunch of old *****
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2016, 11:40:51 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello