Multimedia

Author Topic: carving bowls with low psi in the tire?  (Read 12279 times)

Offline dude...

• View Profile
Re: carving bowls with low psi in the tire?
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2015, 06:44:28 PM »
i looked into it quickly cos i was curious, seems they generally like 50-60 psi, but theyre running much thinner tyres than us, 1.5" powerblocks, and someone did comment the 1.95 version was super squishy. with the kevlar bead version some are running higher pressures cos theyre rated for up to 110 psi.

thinking how fatter tyres feel slower and more sluggish at lower pressures than a thinner one at the same pressure, im assuming that a really thin tyre would hold its structure a lot better at a lower pressure as theres less tyre to flop around and squish about
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline vitleRix

• View Profile
Projektowanie wnętrz Katowice
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2016, 07:14:51 AM »

Offline Eggit2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2016, 02:46:10 PM »
It comes down to contact patch size, and there is a ton of reading available if you look at road bike sources. A larger tire will require more PSI to keep a similar size contact patch to a narrow tire.

There is a huge debate in the road bike industry over the optimal tire width and whether the current trend of pushing them narrower and narrower is correct.

Offline Boomhauer

• Least Favourite JUGGALO by far
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2016, 09:01:16 AM »
Somewhere there is a video where I do a gap into a big skatepark pool and when I carve the facewall you can hear my rim dragging the facewall because I only had about 60 psi in the tube.  I watch my psi moderately better now.
Quote from: Bink;3116353
Yeah, f**k that.  Grind everything.
Quote from: skateparkrider;3612141
The gussets are awesome.  My wife has been needing my name carved into her for about a decade.

Offline Kinchy

• Fux wit titles
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2016, 10:17:21 AM »
There is a huge debate in the road bike industry over the optimal tire width and whether the current trend of pushing them narrower and narrower is correct.

The current trend is far from that, with professional riders mostly using a 25c tyre as opposed to the 22 and 23s that would of been more common a few years back, and non-racers opting for 28c and sometimes even 30c if it will fit, especially with the state of the roads where I live.

I'm sure the science has been proven now that the 25c provides better rolling resistance, and when roads are anything but perfectly smooth then the added cushioning and bump soaking of a wider tyre far offsets the minimal rolling resistance gains of a smaller one.
Quote from: Broady;3529439
I ran ahead a bit and hid, dropped my jeans and took my top off and started chasing them whilst spraying beer all over them and making weird noises.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2016, 10:17:21 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special