Multimedia

Author Topic: Rebuilding a v1 cult coaster  (Read 3427 times)

Offline GUMP_

• View Profile
Rebuilding a v1 cult coaster
« on: January 05, 2016, 04:03:14 PM »
Hey guys

I just got 2 new axles and 2 new drivers for my cult coaster (shop I ordered through had the axles and drivers on special, I ordered one axle and driver and they threw In another axle and driver free) I was wondering if anyone had any step by step rebuilding pics or a walk through I could use to put this bastard back together

I'm pretty sure I did it right last time but with the driver only lasting half a session I assumed either I fucked up or the axle was bent.

I have a new female axle and a male axle.

I'm wondering if I shouldn't run my dsg this time to see if that had an impact on the driver? I wasn't overly grind heavy the session that it blew up. Maybe a gsport dsg could work better?

Any help would be golden thanks guys

Offline silent_matt

• View Profile
Re: Rebuilding a v1 cult coaster
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 09:21:56 AM »
The cult v1 male axle coaster I had never ran right. It rolled nice and smooth but would ghost pedal constantly. I got rid of it pretty quick because I couldn't stand the ghost pedal and they never answered their phone or email for warranty or how to fix it. Did yours ghost pedal? Not sure if the dsg would have any effect on blowing the driver since mine never saw any peg use. Anyway, the internals should go together like the 4th pic down here: http://themerged.com/exclusive-the-cult-match-freecoaster-qa-with-neal-wood-joe-vee/

Also, as far as greasing just keep it off the teeth on the outside of the clutch/inside the shell where the clutch catches. Grease here will cause it to slip.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 09:24:50 AM by silent_matt »

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

Re: Rebuilding a v1 cult coaster
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 09:21:56 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special