Multimedia

Author Topic: New things I noticed.  (Read 37321 times)

Offline Zoidberg

• Doctor
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: New things I noticed.
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2015, 04:58:09 PM »
Isn't the clutch just the gcoaster calmed down a bit so manufacturers can actually produce it?

Sucks tho, breaking up is hard to do.

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2015, 08:58:48 PM »
Isn't the clutch Sexton's signature part?

That new video is 30 years but all I saw was a bunch of new blood, besides Gary Young.

Either Odyssey isn't turning profits and they have to hemorrhage their dudes or there is some bad shit going on.

i kinda had the same feeling watching that video - i was a bit bummed that sexton only had like 3 clips in it?
reading the statement from odysseys instagram, its pretty clear why he does not have more clips - if u dont ride/come on trips you wont get any footage with your sponsors filming crew.

on the other hand its good to see gary still having fun and trying different things. i really dont get to see many new bmxvideos besides webedits - the 30years video is great , but i still miss the vibe first 3 videos.

gary young is great. even if he takes his brake off and runs a coaster, he still has such a unique style and eye for lines. aaron rosses section was good too, he can ride a coaster well, but then he was super good at fakie stuff on a cassette. coaster lets him be way more creative though, i was done with seeing uprails to whips and goofy 360s from him
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline manwe

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2015, 06:07:08 AM »
I never cared for Aaron Ross' riding. Gary young obviously had an amazing part, but the whole video felt too 'young bloods' for me. I understand the team needs to get updated but dropping your OGs and focusing on people that are not yet associated with Odyssey makes me feel like there's nothing behind the brand.

I might be an idiot but this actually makes me reconsider buying the Clutch. Odsy had the best combination of team and products; the products are still good, but it just looks like another trend chasing soulless company to me now.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 08:26:53 AM by manwe »

Offline Zoidberg

• Doctor
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2015, 09:04:32 AM »
I never cared for Aaron Ross' riding. Gary young obviously had an amazing part, but the whole video felt too 'young bloods' for me. I understand the team needs to get updated but dropping your OGs and focusing on people that are not yet associated with Odyssey makes me feel like there's nothing behind the brand.

I might be an idiot but this actually makes me reconsider buying the Clutch. Odsy had the best combination of team and products; the products are still good, but it just looks like another trend chasing soulless company to me now.

That's bullshit, did you actually read the post explaining why they got dropped?

You should watch the come up/ oddy interview.

Offline Stoked

• dood.sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2015, 09:19:21 AM »
All the sample proto parts from years past that otxdesign posted on insta are worth a look. 

Quote from: i am hollywood;3458649
The Ezra 'Q' freecoaster should be out in time to put on your 2012 christmas list

Offline manwe

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2015, 09:55:03 AM »

That's bullshit, did you actually read the post explaining why they got dropped?

yeah i read it. it still looks kinda disloyal to me, but i haven't watched the interview yet. what's your take on the situation?

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2015, 10:39:13 AM »
that proto gcoaster is lols, super hi flange
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline Zoidberg

• Doctor
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2015, 10:54:43 AM »

yeah i read it. it still looks kinda disloyal to me, but i haven't watched the interview yet. what's your take on the situation?

It appears the love wasn't returned and oddy gave it as long as they could.

So recommend the interview tho, long but totally worth it.

Offline metalbmxer

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2015, 02:12:26 PM »
Probably had something to do with them both being in Austin and away from the rest of the odsy team out west

Offline KillSeth

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2015, 09:54:27 PM »
Odyssey has an Austin office...

Offline peggiesmalls

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2015, 03:24:43 PM »
Chase hawk is blowing up winning x games,loads of sig products ,coverage etc chase wanted  more money odyssey couldn't deliver

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2015, 05:08:38 PM »
I don't believe odyssey. Especially them being in the same city as both. There might be truth in what they said but as for the real reason? I highly doubt it, especially in comparison to other dudes on other teams who don't put out shit for anything but still have signature parts and are always on a companies roster.

Offline Zoidberg

• Doctor
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2015, 05:47:49 PM »
Chase hawk is blowing up winning x games,loads of sig products ,coverage etc chase wanted  more money odyssey couldn't deliver

so take the parts you run from oddy and from the rest just take their money and rock their stickers aswell?

Offline manwe

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2015, 05:19:16 AM »
i don't have any insider knowledge, but i'd wager odyssey felt they could pick up 2-3 potential future stars ('the common crew') for the price of chase or sean alone. i'm sure the young guys are hungry as fuck and in comparison chase and sean started to look less dedicated.

i doubt they gave them 'as long as they could' though, otherwise they wouldn't have been so flabbergasted by getting the boot https://www.instagram.com/p/_cAxOXytxd/?taken-by=chase_hawk .

it's a massive fucking miscalculation imho and makes odyssey look the worst it's ever looked in my eyes. hawk and sexton are essentially worldwide stars in bmx and have their own styles, the new dudes have all the tricks, but you could switch one out for the other and hardly notice the difference. at this point odyssey lends them more legitimacy than they do to the brand.

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2015, 12:21:12 AM »
Oh the melodrama

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2015, 12:21:12 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special