Multimedia

Author Topic: New things I noticed.  (Read 37314 times)

Offline dude...

• View Profile
Re: New things I noticed.
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2015, 06:08:03 PM »
maybe cult want him to run all their stuff now, hes already got signature cranks with them now
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline manwe

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2015, 06:05:31 AM »
I just noticed odyssey pulled a Primo and let chase hawk go...who drops chase hawk .  Wow is the industry that bad financially?

wtf i thought you were wrong, but he's not up on the team page. this has to be some sort of a mistake, he was just in their video?

i'm holding back judgement until we know more but i'd be shocked if this was true.

Offline Stoked

• dood.sweet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2015, 06:46:39 AM »
I just noticed odyssey pulled a Primo and let chase hawk go...who drops chase hawk .  Wow is the industry that bad financially?

wtf i thought you were wrong, but he's not up on the team page. this has to be some sort of a mistake, he was just in their video?

i'm holding back judgement until we know more but i'd be shocked if this was true.

http://bmx.transworld.net/news/chase-hawk-off-odyssey/#sQaVULx66MBW2kSp.97
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 06:48:14 AM by Stoked »
Quote from: i am hollywood;3458649
The Ezra 'Q' freecoaster should be out in time to put on your 2012 christmas list

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2015, 07:31:20 AM »
sounds a bit like a dick move from odyssey, as long as hes running the parts he will be getting notice whoever hes filming for

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2015, 08:52:07 AM »
Damn, I see Hawk footage all the time. Hard to understand him not putting in work.

Offline LeonLikesToRock

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2015, 05:58:11 AM »
Damn, with that Etnies video in the works you know Hawk is going to be getting even more coverage soon. Wonder what they'll do with their insanely popular tyres with his name on them?
Hangovers and trains

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2015, 03:39:29 PM »
Discontinued in favor of Dugans which aren't too different.

Offline LeonLikesToRock

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2015, 05:25:30 PM »
Discontinued in favor of Dugans which aren't too different.

They're not to different but haven't struck a chord the same way. Couldn't be even nearly as popular.
Hangovers and trains

Offline Narcoleptic Insomniac

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2015, 04:38:08 PM »
Pretty bold move to drop who is arguably the best rider in the world. No one has the mix of talent, style and big moves that Hawk has.

Offline GUMP_

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2015, 10:39:39 PM »
They also dropped sexton aswell

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2015, 11:36:57 PM »
Isn't the clutch Sexton's signature part?

That new video is 30 years but all I saw was a bunch of new blood, besides Gary Young.

Either Odyssey isn't turning profits and they have to hemorrhage their dudes or there is some bad shit going on.

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2015, 01:28:35 AM »
there was an explaination on odysseys insta
https://www.instagram.com/odysseybmx/

Every single one of us at Odyssey couldn't be more bummed that Chase Hawk and Sean Sexton are no longer part of the Odyssey team. Nobody wanted this, and it's one of the hardest things we've ever had to do as a company or as individuals. But what it came down to is Odyssey was more down for Chase and Sean than they were for Odyssey. They wouldn't come on our trips, they wouldn't come out riding with us at home, and when we could get them to hang out with us, it wasn't hard to tell they'd rather be somewhere else. That kind of attitude can bring down a session or a trip worse than anything. Supporting guys who don't support us has been really tough.

Every single other rider on our team is 100% down for Odyssey and down for their friends on the team, and it only makes sense to put everything we've got behind the guys who truly love Odyssey and are stoked on what we're doing. We wish more than anything that Chase and Sean were down, but sadly they've shown us for a long time now that they're not, and something had to give. It's tragic things have unfolded this way, I hope once the smoke clears we can all be friends again.

some of the comments are lols

Offline Flexer

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2015, 04:31:43 AM »
Isn't the clutch Sexton's signature part?

That new video is 30 years but all I saw was a bunch of new blood, besides Gary Young.

Either Odyssey isn't turning profits and they have to hemorrhage their dudes or there is some bad shit going on.

i kinda had the same feeling watching that video - i was a bit bummed that sexton only had like 3 clips in it?
reading the statement from odysseys instagram, its pretty clear why he does not have more clips - if u dont ride/come on trips you wont get any footage with your sponsors filming crew.

on the other hand its good to see gary still having fun and trying different things. i really dont get to see many new bmxvideos besides webedits - the 30years video is great , but i still miss the vibe first 3 videos.
One time at a park this kid asked if I was pro because of my stickers.

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2015, 01:12:40 PM »
It's probably about as signature as 'I like coasters' 'oh we're making one'

Offline JFax

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2015, 03:42:35 PM »
I bet there was some level of involvement. But seeing how Odyssey have G and a product developing team I doubt that a single "just" pro-rider had any serious design input
Quote from: andreasTHN;1991264
He is so good that he probably doesnt have a serial number on his frame, just a cheat code...

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2015, 03:42:35 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special