Multimedia

Author Topic: Adam LZ/DIG  (Read 28347 times)

Offline dude...

• View Profile
Adam LZ/DIG
« on: December 03, 2015, 05:36:00 PM »
Anyone else noticed the shitstorm around this?
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline Tall Opinion

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Adam LZ/DIG
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 06:16:34 PM »
I think it's hilarious. Adam LZ opens his mouth and i cringe before he even begins to speak.
Formerly FitTrailSlayer

Quote from: M@tty;3563588
would rather watch the olympics if i want to see a black guy jump things, least they don\'t have the mentality of a beaten 13 year old.

Offline paranoidmexican

• freeeeeeeestyle
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 06:53:38 PM »
I don't know anything about this guy except he made a lame video proposing to his gf.
Perform an act of kindness without posting it to social media. Love one another.

Offline Mychaylo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 07:30:24 PM »
Adam LZ is a bellend, he is just another internet personality that will disappear into obscurity and will be left wondering what happened.

Dig started off, and will always be, awesome.
Lovin' is what i got.

Offline Donald

• rodeo peanut
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 07:40:37 PM »
I just dont get why he'd feel the need to even say some self fellating shit like that. He's probably right though about the whole getting kids interested in bmx. Dig still put/ puts out better content. I can't understand the YouTube personality thing, but I don't think I'm supposed to.

I will also say that Tom White's "trash talk" bummed me out way more. I'm all for talking shit, but that was some twelve year old Call of Duty type shit.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 07:43:54 PM by Donald »

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 09:23:57 PM »
yeah he probs is right about getting more kids into bmx than dig in the current climate of internet media and blogosphere etc, but to state it like he did is pretty dumb and disrespectful of him. mind you that kind of attitude is going to sit well with 15 year olds, who dont care about the history of bmx, they just wanna be cool and would be super envious of lz cos hes good on a bike, has loads of followers, drift cars and a gf etc.

so yeah he probs is way more influential in terms of young people getting into bmx now, but for non of the reasons or values that the older generations who toiled hard laying the groundwork for riding as it currently stands. lz seems kinda arrogant and naive (mostly naive though from my limited experience of his videos), and with bmx finally at a stage where the older veterans of the bmx scene are still getting the recognition they rightfully deserve for their influence and contributions in the long term (guys like ruben, foster, van homan etc), that kind of blase attitude towards DIG disrespects a whole generation of riders who grew up prior to online bmx media.

In a way i think it kinda disrespects bmx as a whole. yeah in the scale of things bmx is just messing about on bikes really, but i think that being at least curious about the history of riding as in all the different styles and riders whove left their mark on bmx over the years is a key part of the whole thing.

people youve never heard of doing the wildest shit that was only recorded in one photo tucked away in an out of print magazine, or in a couple of clips on a vhs tape tucked away in the attic, that stuff is awesome and gets me way more stoked than any weekly blog video about riding your local skatepark ever could. i guess its all just a sign of how things are changing, the internet is a very different place to what it was from back in 2005 when you had to struggle with basic html to change your myspace background
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 10:07:02 PM »
I have not a clue what the fuck you guys are talking about. Who the fuck is this cocksucker Adam fucking Lz?

Offline JFax

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 01:13:09 AM »
I think I saw a video once of him going on some trip and it was cool, then went to his channel and left within a few min. Its just a daily vlog. Like keeping up with the Kardashians-bmx style.
Quote from: andreasTHN;1991264
He is so good that he probably doesnt have a serial number on his frame, just a cheat code...

Offline The Brawn

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 03:35:31 AM »
It's only a matter of time before he'll claim that he's the only reason Stranger is still going.

Offline Dr. Steve Brule

• Global Moderator
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 03:48:35 AM »
Saw a bit about this, I have no idea who Adam LZ is but after looking at his media output he is definitely a goon.

Offline manwe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 05:35:43 PM »
i actually liked some of his older videos tbh but i think it's all gone to his head (he is a star in his own world)

i mean filming your proposal in itself is insanely cringe-worthy and makes me a bit sick. that's not what appealed to me about bmx when i first started and it's a bit of a letdown to imagine a new generation of riders being pulled in through this shit.
...and then the dig thing was just very very misguided and not worded properly.

I will say tho that i think the whole industry has been eagerly waiting for this misstep and i feel like a lot of pent up anger has been pinned on this one tweet.

i hope the tide of new riders will not be too large and they'll actually develop and their own pace and move on from lz, but i'm not holding my breath

Offline manwe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2015, 05:37:46 PM »
also, as a sidenote, no one outside of america and the uk knows (or knew until recently) who the fuck adam_lz is.

Offline Narcoleptic Insomniac

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2015, 06:07:54 PM »
What happened?

Offline GUMP_

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2015, 11:33:14 PM »
I really only know of him and this shitstorm cause burns was posting about it on Facebook

Offline Allah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2015, 12:44:51 PM »
I used to think he was alright (albeit extremely cheesy and not really my cup of tea), and thought it was a bit daft that people were leaving Stranger because he got put on the team, but following his latest comments he seems quite knobbish. I like Josh James (Boqer), at least he has a sense of irony.
"Who knows what Ruben actually does?" Garrett Byrnes

45th Generation Roman.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2015, 12:44:51 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello