Multimedia

Author Topic: Sunday Cyclone freecoaster  (Read 7609 times)

Offline manwe

• View Profile
Sunday Cyclone freecoaster
« on: November 16, 2015, 02:28:57 AM »
http://www.sundaybikes.com/2015/09/vital-bmx-sunday-at-interbike/

It's the more affordable version of the Odsy Clutch apparently. To be honest I don't really understand the need for external slack adjustment anyway. Not needing to take the hub apart is a plus I guess, but I wonder how much damage taking it apart twice a year really causes.

But if it has the same internals as the Clutch I wonder how the slack adjustment is done? Is it literally the same expanding ring thing (https://youtu.be/bMkepHqfVg4?t=1m46s) without the hole in the shell?

Anyone have more info on this? The Clutch is about €200 / £200 over here so I really want to see if this one is worth waiting for.

Offline dude...

• View Profile
Re: Sunday Cyclone freecoaster
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 04:31:21 AM »
yeah clutch is pricey but worth it i reckon. be keen to see what the differences are between the clutch and sunday one, and also what the price for the sunday coaster is
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline Narcoleptic Insomniac

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 08:40:29 PM »
Freecoasters are lame anyway. No cassette clicking sound = not cool. Watching people ride in complete silence in videos is like wtf.

Offline JFax

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 12:55:18 AM »
Freecoasters are lame anyway. No cassette clicking sound = not cool. Watching people ride in complete silence in videos is like wtf.

I love it. Stealth is beautiful
Quote from: andreasTHN;1991264
He is so good that he probably doesnt have a serial number on his frame, just a cheat code...

Offline manwe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 02:50:36 AM »

you can get the z-coaster and click away, altho i personally think that's the worst of both worlds. watching everyone slowly jump on the coaster trend wasn't my dream, but it means there's a lot more companies making them so i'll take it.

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 05:00:18 PM »
good to have options for people who do want to run coasters, though it is super annoying how all the kids are running them, but thats just trends in bmx. whats cool may change, but bmxers are consistent in being sheep.
also coasters are great forreally slow manuals cos theres no drag, i only realised this recently
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline montymitch

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 06:08:54 PM »
Nah, trends are good for BMX. The annoyance is a small price to pay for the product development that the trends drive.

Offline Bunky

• Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 07:08:45 PM »
^^^ This is very true.

It used to be that if you wanted to ride a freecoaster, you had to be pretty good at bicycle maintenance and just kind of accept the fact that you were going to have to work on your rear hub a lot. 

I'm glad that freecoasters became a trend, because it spawned a lot more reliable options. 
Quote from: G
this website is essentially an irrelevant back-water of the internet

Offline niels.d

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2015, 01:06:17 AM »

My purchased in 08 WTP Q-Lite that has never been disassembled or greased is the loudest fucking thing in the world, like a swarm of bees on steroids. No stealth missions with that, haha.

Still want to try a freecoaster for a bit though...

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2015, 01:06:17 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special