Multimedia

Author Topic: Paris  (Read 92755 times)

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
Re: Paris
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2015, 12:26:16 AM »
Paris is a tragedy. It was in February too.

I don't intend to discredit the lives lost there but if we are to acknowledge and fear a similar attack; why is it so much worse than the school shootings and other public massacres we have here? Is it because there is an identified enemy and not an excuse of endless lone wolfs?

There is a contingent of Muslim culture that does not support IS and anyone who isn't blinded by racism or ignorance could assume that it is a small part of the 1.6b that supports them or other Islamic factions. Isolating Muslims or Islamist in general will only further their cause though right?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 12:28:17 AM by Prodigal Son »

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2015, 12:30:00 AM »
Bombing terrorists creates more terrorists.
Quote from: Christopher T.;3571083
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Offline alaskun

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2015, 01:08:39 AM »
...if we are to acknowledge and fear a similar attack; why is it so much worse than the school shootings and other public massacres we have here? Is it because there is an identified enemy and not an excuse of endless lone wolfs?
  Are there heavily-funded, highly trained 100,000+ man groups of designated-school-shooters, publicly promising (and often fulfilling the promises) to carry out more, larger school shootings? putting out hi-def promo snuff films?  with uniforms, flags, actual dedicated armies, etc?

When was the last time a school shooting was preceded by mass protests against school shooters overtaking a city? Or a decade long campaign to arm/train/fund the school shooters...

I get what you're saying, but these guys can/have been described as lone wolfs too.  Anything a lone wolf could accomplish, these groups can accomplish, only there are A LOT more of them who are actually active/vocal. It's especially dangerous when the government/media refuse to actually link/associate any of them...

« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 01:16:17 AM by alaskun »

Offline JFax

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2015, 01:57:06 AM »
I have a hard time understanding the strategy of such attacks. It feels like becoming a stable caliphate would be desired. It seems like they want to accomplice as much as possible before being bombed to heaven comes.
Quote from: andreasTHN;1991264
He is so good that he probably doesnt have a serial number on his frame, just a cheat code...

Offline alaskun

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2015, 02:36:32 AM »
It seems like they want to accomplice as much as possible before being bombed to heaven comes.
freudian slip, or deliberate?

accomplice;
    a person who helps another commit a crime.
    synonyms:   partner in crime, associate, accessory, abettor, confederate, collaborator, fellow conspirator, co-conspirator

it won't be easy to sell bombing them to heaven comes when they're spread throughout/beyond every major population center, which is what they've been preaching, in crazy brutal videos and lots of other ways... for years now, very consistently

this is not conspiracy bullshit, these are not ridiculous sources, george bush said sometime around 2003(?) that world war 3 had already started.

George Takei Fears NSA Spying Will Lead to Something Much Worse
June 11, 2013

...his fears are rooted in the memory of the government persecution he suffered firsthand in a Japanese internment camp.

"Due process is a pillar of our American justice system," the Star Trek star told Daily Intelligencer last night at the Eighth Annual Stella by Starlight Benefit Gala. "We were rounded up simply because we happened to look like the people who bombed Pearl Harbor. And we were put in prison camps with barbed wire and machine guns pointed at us. It was a horrific violation of our Constitution."
+
Justice Antonin Scalia says World War II-style internment camps could happen again
The longest-serving member of the U.S. Supreme Court talks at two isle schools
Feb 4, 2014

...  "you are kidding yourself if you think the same thing will not happen again," Scalia told students and faculty during a lunchtime question-and-answer session.

Scalia cited a Latin expression meaning "In times of war, the laws fall silent."

"That's what was going on — the panic about the war and the invasion of the Pacific and whatnot. That's what happens. It was wrong, but I would not be surprised to see it happen again, in time of war. It's no justification but it is the reality," he said...

what do you guys think is going to happen if these attacks, or attacks on migrants/refugees continue or get worse? it's been happening in other countries for a few years now, and the results are fucking scary.

but look at what happens to a lot of cities now after the boston bombing if even one person is being hunted like a terrorist.  How many waaay overblown seemingly unnecessary lockdowns/block raids/confrontations have we seen?

What happens when it's real, across multiple locations.... Like what just almost happened before the paris event?
12 nov 2015

THE MOST IMPORTANT POLICE OPERATION IN EUROPE IN THE PAST 20 YEARS - GIUSEPPE GOVERNALE, HEAD OF ITALY'S COUNTER TERRORISM UNIT

I'm sorry for posting so much, but I've been paying attention to this stuff for a while now, and it doesn't just go away with time when things are only ramping up.  I'm scared, and I want to talk about it. It's definitely possible that I am just being too paranoid and everything will go on as normal for us, but I really don't expect a lot of awesome positive innovations/fixes over the next decade.   

I'll stop now
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 04:40:34 AM by alaskun »

Offline manwe

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2015, 02:58:40 AM »
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

apparently what Daesh / ISIS wants is to provoke as much retaliation as possible so as to bring about their end of days prophecy (and as additional benefit the more desperate people in the region get, the more likely they are to join the cult)

According to the prophecy a mighty Western army will face them on the plains of Dabiq (an otherwise insignificant town of 3000 people), all muslims will unite and will prevail. then some other shit will happen, then there will be a false messiah that everyone will follow, then the muslims will dwindle, but then the real messiah will come and Jesus along with him and he'll break the cross and reabsorb Christianity into Islam and then it's the end of days i guess...?

Anyway, the terrorists were born in Brussels, so we should really be discussing putting boots on the ground in Belgium.

Offline JFax

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2015, 03:10:22 AM »
freudian slip, or deliberate?

Yeah sorry, used the wrong word.

Anyway. I foresee a lot more strikes in the near future and hopefully actual advances on the ground. No use for further aerial bombings soon. France just bombed a chicken farm yesterday for goodness sake.
He is so good that he probably doesnt have a serial number on his frame, just a cheat code...

Offline cmc4130

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2015, 11:29:41 AM »
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wants/384980/
. . . .

Yeah, excellent article.  Everyone needs to read it. 

Also, read these (part one and two). 

Part 2 is a little more tailored to the current times, so skip ahead if your brain is getting worn out....
You Can't Understand ISIS If You Don't Know the History of Wahhabism in Saudi Arabia
Part 1:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alastair-crooke/isis-wahhabism-saudi-arabia_b_5717157.html
Part 2:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alastair-crooke/isis-aim-saudi-arabia_b_5748744.html

Offline LukeTom

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2015, 01:07:03 PM »
http://digbmx.com/videos/in-memory-mathias-dymarski

Fuck, seems like one of our own also perished in the shootings. Ride in peace brother

Offline alaskun

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2015, 04:37:37 PM »
holy shit, are you kidding me -

Paris terror attacks are a victory for Syria’s Assad
November 16 2015

The violence in Paris is being exploited by the Assad regime.

- we create isis, for the stated purpose of removing/killing the president and his supporters

- isis takes over the president's/the countries powerplants, waterworks, communications, etc...

- we bomb that (assad's, syria's)  infrastructure, and fund/arm/train more people to take more infrastructure over

- isis delivers on their promise to bring terror to western countries

- we bomb more powerplants

ASSAD VICTORIOUS!!!

what fucking planet am I living on?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 04:49:02 PM by alaskun »

Offline alaskun

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2015, 04:46:11 PM »
http://digbmx.com/videos/in-memory-mathias-dymarski

Fuck, seems like one of our own also perished in the shootings. Ride in peace brother
I remember seeing stories about an australian rider who died in a crazy wildfire. It's a much more relatable threat to me, so it freaks me out more, but I can tell this one just hasn't caught up to me yet. hopefully it won't

Offline JFax

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2015, 05:30:22 PM »
Quote from: alaskun link=topic=221287.msg3719386#msg3719386

I dont get it. I read the article and your outcry and following text seem unrelated past the title of the article. Did you read it? Article headlines tend to be outrageous compared to more sensible content to lure readers into reading it.

Offline alaskun

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2015, 06:27:01 PM »
Quote from: alaskun link=topic=221287.msg3719386#msg3719386

I dont get it. I read the article and your outcry and following text seem unrelated past the title of the article. Did you read it? Article headlines tend to be outrageous compared to more sensible content to lure readers into reading it.
are you sure you read it? the whole article I'm reading is lamenting our "rebel" groups not being able to do this again

Gaddafi Sodomized By NATO Supported Rebels
Video shows abuse frame by frame (GRAPHIC)
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article29508.htm
An analysis appears to confirm that a rebel fighter sodomized Gaddafi with a knife.
October 25, 2011
SIRTE, Libya — An analysis of video obtained by GlobalPost from a rebel fighter who recorded the moment when Col. Muammar Gaddafi was first captured confirms that another rebel fighter, whose identity is unknown, sodomized the former leader as he was being dragged from the drainpipe where he had taken cover.
A frame by frame analysis of this exclusive GlobalPost video clearly shows the rebel trying to insert some kind of stick or knife into Gaddafi's rear end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzBhn7csC_A

the entire article is based on the idea that "Assad has to go." They don't question that logic at all. They're actually complaining about the ineffectiveness of the methods that are being used to kill/remove/make him irrelevant. 

They prop it up on russia's recent support for assad being evil/wrong without question...

How many presidents do "we" have to kill before people realize it's working against us?  Stop pushing it like it's the foregone conclusion. Even mainstream news agencies have been questioning whether we'd have the crazy war situation we're in right now if we hadn't taken out saddam. It's a fact that killing gaddafi made it worse, and I was saying all this stuff before that too.  What do you really expect to happen if we keep trying to kill/undermine assad?  Do you understand that means war with russia?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 06:37:04 PM by alaskun »

Offline condrbkr

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2015, 06:58:39 PM »
It's only when we truly realize that the innocent lives lost in Paris are as equally valuable as the innocent lives lost in the Middle East or any other place, all this will come closer to an end.

Offline alaskun

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2015, 07:05:24 PM »

this is happening right now.  have you guys seen any of the hundreds of tow missile videos that've come out the past two years or so?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 07:09:23 PM by alaskun »

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2015, 07:05:24 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special