Multimedia

Author Topic: my frame is famous  (Read 5427 times)

Offline Ricked_Em

• View Profile
my frame is famous
« on: October 06, 2015, 08:34:04 AM »
Really cool insight to his process and I can still say that these frames are awesome. Highly recommended. I kinda want to raw my frame now after seeing it raw haha.

https://vimeo.com/141268107

« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 08:36:11 AM by Ricked_Em »
"Nobody looks cool using a bike pump"-Van Homan

Offline condrbkr

• View Profile
Re: my frame is famous
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 01:53:18 AM »
Very enjoyable video. Black Flag bridge is definitely awesome.

Browsed his site and it definitely seems like he knows what he's talking about and not throwing out some gimmicky terms that people sometimes like to do. Plus $450 doesn't seem to steep when it's custom and you get to have your own seat stay bridge design.

Offline Ricked_Em

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 10:32:14 AM »
Very enjoyable video. Black Flag bridge is definitely awesome.

Browsed his site and it definitely seems like he knows what he's talking about and not throwing out some gimmicky terms that people sometimes like to do. Plus $450 doesn't seem to steep when it's custom and you get to have your own seat stay bridge design.
Exactly, people call him cocky or full of himself but I'd rather have someone confident welding my frame. I went that route because even powedercoated which holds up awesome and shipping it was $520 to my front door. This is actually my second frame by him as my forst one was a little too long

"Nobody looks cool using a bike pump"-Van Homan

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 07:29:36 AM »
i dunno i follow him on insta but he seems a bit lame when hes ripping on shit frame repair jobs (sometimes you gotta do what you can to keep riding) plus he only does plate bridges and wont do tube ones at all-thats a standard option for like every other manufacturer. at least he seems to have stopped welding on removable gyro tabs to his frames, that looked super sketch and shitty.

on the whole his frames look nice and a good price but personally theres other places id probably go first if i was in the market for a custom frame. glad yours turned out sweet and youre happy with it though, and power to laird for managing to make it as a frame builder in the current bmx market climate when the majority of kids will buy whatever generic taiwanese stuff is marketed most effectively to them via social media
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline peggiesmalls

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 12:09:11 PM »
^this he wont even let people get chain stay grind pates

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 12:09:11 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special