Multimedia

Author Topic: Euro/Interbike 2015  (Read 68911 times)

Offline DontcallmeKenneth

• View Profile
Re: Euro/Interbike 2015
« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2015, 05:10:16 PM »
New animal stuff in a month or so?? Gotta get the money ready.

Offline Spev

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2015, 07:56:37 PM »
T least you'll be able to run everyone's cranks. And buy bearings off the shelf for some of them

Technically speaking you still won't be able to get off the shelf bearings for 22mm mid. They are generally only common now in the bike industry. That was the whole benefit of Spanish BB's, the 37mm outer diameter was available off the shelf in many inner diameter options to suit the numerous spindle diameters of the day (excluding 15/16" as it wasn't around).

Offline streetStreet

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2015, 08:01:42 PM »
T least you'll be able to run everyone's cranks. And buy bearings off the shelf for some of them

Technically speaking you still won't be able to get off the shelf bearings for 22mm mid. They are generally only common now in the bike industry. That was the whole benefit of Spanish BB's, the 37mm outer diameter was available off the shelf in many inner diameter options to suit the numerous spindle diameters of the day (excluding 15/16" as it wasn't around).

How often does one even buy off the shelf though? I have always ordered from a bike shop.

Offline Cellmember

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2015, 01:08:12 AM »
Damn, is it just me or do all the Fly frames look the same(generic) now besides the external gussets. For Fly I'm a little disappointed they used to have really stylish designs, now it's the complete opposite, generic looking, I do however like the new crank design.

Edit: Oh and interbike this year is boring as heck nothing really new or exciting tbh..
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 01:10:30 AM by Cellmember »
Vitalbmx: Cellmember
Bmxforum: Cellmember
Bmxmuseum: Cellmember
Ref\'s: http://www.bmx-forum.com/u/64216/cellmember

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2015, 01:26:52 AM »
Exercising some relieved sigh about animal. I was ready to move on from Ruben tires anyways.

Offline streetStreet

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 24, 2015, 10:02:44 AM »
Off topic but how short do the cut lines go on the t-1 bars?

They look like a 1/4" to me so 2 inches total if they are 1/4".
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 10:05:39 AM by streetStreet »

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
« Reply #96 on: September 24, 2015, 03:34:36 PM »

No.

Mid has ONE standard size, 3/4" (so fit normal Profiles etc).

Spanish had ONE standard size 20mm (so fit nothing except some cheap OEM cranks)

However, Spanish was always just that bit too small.

:)
G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline redface

• View Profile
    • http://www.empirebmx.com
« Reply #97 on: September 24, 2015, 04:30:37 PM »
yay!  i remembered my password.  word on the streets is that the new Animal tire is incredible

Offline Sasper

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 24, 2015, 06:54:50 PM »

G.

why? are they really too weak? never had a problem with mine I think (when I used to run it) , saves a considerable amount  of weight , with bearings and bb being smaller.

"The Great 2013 Bikeguide Suicide Re-format"

G.

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 24, 2015, 07:11:49 PM »
ive seen many spanish bearings crack and die
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2015, 12:27:01 AM »

22mm Mid is custom yes, 3/4" isn't (R12). Compared to Spanish, where you could only get off the shelf bearings for 20mm Torker cranks. Being able to get off the shelf for 3/4" (Profile and 999 others) is more useful than running Torker cranks, don't you think?

Edit: Sorry didn't realise it had been mentioned
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 12:28:42 AM by Professor Horatio Hufnagel »

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 25, 2015, 12:33:45 AM »
As for buying off the shelf, I don't know why more people don't do it. There's more places in a city selling bearings off the shelf than there are bike shops in that city, and they are cheaper

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2015, 12:39:38 AM »
cos 19mm spindle cranks are in the minority these days. so typical of bmx to base the standard around one size, then almost completely abandon it in favour of a different size (22mm) and then come up with another different spindle size requiring another custom sized bearing (24mm). should have used the 22mm primo usa bb sized bearings for mid, not frickin profiles
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2015, 04:51:19 AM »
I was happy when cups meant bearing outer diam wasn't locked in

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2015, 08:56:15 AM »

G.

why? are they really too weak? never had a problem with mine I think (when I used to run it) , saves a considerable amount  of weight , with bearings and bb being smaller.

Yes. On a 22mm crank it was just too thin. Sure some people were "fine" with a Spanish BB on 22mm but a good proportion DID break... never seen a Mid BB bearing broken in the same way...

Quantify "considerable amount of weight"... Was probably a maximum of about 50g, which seems a very small penalty to go from frequent failure to zero...

G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2015, 08:56:15 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special