Multimedia

Author Topic: marmoset wobble  (Read 8310 times)

Offline meathead

• View Profile
marmoset wobble
« on: August 26, 2015, 03:13:04 PM »
has anyone else experienced this? its had a slight wobble for a few months but lately its got bigger , about 1.5mm?

isit normal?

Offline Mychaylo

• View Profile
Re: marmoset wobble
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 03:33:27 PM »
Its not normal no, are the aluminium collars squished? Or bearings dead?
Lovin' is what i got.

Offline O.G. David

• View Profile
    • http://vimeo.com/user576863
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 03:40:53 PM »
Had the same, bearings died and i had to ditch it (like most parts as of lately).

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 06:11:34 PM »
How old is it? Could be bearings or one of the other issues mentioned. Do you have a third party hub guard on there instead of one of the original collars maybe?

Had the same, bearings died and i had to ditch it (like most parts as of lately).

The bearing units are totally standard and easy to get hold of for a few dollars...

:)
G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline Kyle V.

• F***s The World
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 07:35:40 PM »
I got some new cheap bearings to fix my wobble a couple weeks back and it sorted it out.

http://www.fasteddybearings.com/20x32x7-rubber-sealed-bearing-6804-2rs/?src=prn#ProductTabs

Buy those ones. The pair is cheaper than the cost to ship them.
Quote from: Kinchy;3362258
Do cats think in meow?

Offline meathead

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 04:36:58 AM »
How old is it? Could be bearings or one of the other issues mentioned. Do you have a third party hub guard on there instead of one of the original collars maybe?

The bearing units are totally standard and easy to get hold of for a few dollars...

G.

Its probably about 5+ years, got it second hand 3ish years ago  only hubgaurd on its had on are glands? seems like the axle may be squished a little

Offline GUMP_

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 06:25:11 AM »
Are you running the knight guards? I found when I ran them my wheel wobbled. Put the old collars back on and it's been good since

Offline meathead

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 08:05:40 AM »
Are you running the knight guards? I found when I ran them my wheel wobbled. Put the old collars back on and it's been good since
only gaurds ive ever ran are glands...

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 08:55:26 AM »

G.

Its probably about 5+ years, got it second hand 3ish years ago  only hubgaurd on its had on are glands? seems like the axle may be squished a little

5 years+ suggests bearings are the likely cause. Knock em out and check them over.

G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline meathead

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 08:58:21 AM »

G.

5 years+ suggests bearings are the likely cause. Knock em out and check them over.

G.

i'll give them a check later , if its not sorted i'll give you a shout , cheers :)

Offline beermx

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2015, 03:47:20 PM »
I just sent mine to Odyssey and they sent me a new one in under 2 weeks. (It was an ugly army green though)
Refs: Milhous, asilva23, FlyRider130, sketchphoto, Gary, RyCon707, skateparkrider, jonathan, vandalsucks.

Offline montymitch

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2015, 10:25:42 AM »
I need to replace the bearings in mine, but I have an aluminum guard on there that is completely seized. I'll probably have to just replace the axle.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2015, 10:25:42 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special