Multimedia

Author Topic: Uncontainable  (Read 7329 times)

Offline LukeTom

• View Profile
Uncontainable
« on: August 25, 2015, 12:37:48 PM »
Thread-worthy crazy new video from Drew Besanson. Who would ride this if they had the chance?

http://www.redbull.com/en/bike/stories/1331742586164/drew-bezanson-uncontainable

Offline blueee

• Dumbest, Ugliest, Rattiest spot searching master on bikeguide
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=141705194
Re: Uncontainable
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 01:48:17 PM »
I might try the container to dumpsterride... Maybe

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 05:10:41 PM »
I like to think I might try the curved wall at the end if it was lowered down to the ground...  Video is sick, but I honestly dont "get" putting the curved wall all the way up there. It's a trick that he obviously has dialled and so was probably pretty "safe" but what's the point of adding an almost terminal level of danger just for the sake of it? If it was natural terrain that he found ike that it would obviously be a different matter, but it just seems a bit weird to me... then again I'm an old man so fuck me!.

:)
G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 07:50:05 PM »
Crazy death defying bikes stunts + red bull + band of horses-esque soundtrack=lots of viral hits on buzzfeed and other associated outlets from non bmx bikers.

Just marketing really, the first setup was bonkers big, but to be honest nothing too suprising from drew bezanson. its his kind of riding terrain just scaled up, gnarly for sure, but i think he would be pretty easily within his comfort zone there (so long as it wasnt too windy)
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline Kyle V.

• F***s The World
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 08:59:02 PM »
band of horses-esque soundtrack

-repeat somewhat cryptic/dark lyrics, pause, group singing of ohhhhs accompanied by banjo-
rinse, wash, repeat

Not exactly BoH but close. Maybe more Mumford and Sons?
Quote from: Kinchy;3362258
Do cats think in meow?

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 09:54:29 PM »
band of horses-esque soundtrack

-repeat somewhat cryptic/dark lyrics, pause, group singing of ohhhhs accompanied by banjo-
rinse, wash, repeat

Not exactly BoH but close. Maybe more Mumford and Sons?

yeh maybe i dunno, they were totally going for that danny mcaskill viral vibe i felt
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 01:10:22 AM »
what's the point of adding an almost terminal level of danger just for the sake of it?

G.

Wasn't the point to scare the shit out of himself?

The superman seat grab to manual was unbelievable.

Offline streetStreet

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 09:51:53 AM »
bitch, get me some containers, and wallrides. for free!

Offline LeonLikesToRock

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 04:39:08 AM »
Fuck! That stuff looked fucking terrifying. Balls on that guy.
Hangovers and trains

Offline ediotism

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 11:42:35 PM »
I like to think I might try the curved wall at the end if it was lowered down to the ground...  Video is sick, but I honestly dont "get" putting the curved wall all the way up there. It's a trick that he obviously has dialled and so was probably pretty "safe" but what's the point of adding an almost terminal level of danger just for the sake of it? If it was natural terrain that he found ike that it would obviously be a different matter, but it just seems a bit weird to me... then again I'm an old man so fuck me!.

G.

the idea is the same as tight rope walkers doing it chest height/ five stories/ thirty stories / one grand canyon high. you've ridden down some serious kinked handrails with a huge drop on the far side - would it not be easier to do if the other side were fluffy pillows? The obstacles is already there "as it", that's true. But it doesn't mean it takes a lot more guts/mental focus to do it when you can't afford to fail.

i can barely lean on a safety barrier 30 stories high without sweaty palms, yet i'd quite happily peg stall hop barspin out of it if it's on the ground at the same height. Doing that wallride at that height with no safety means you only get one go. there's no bitch run to bail "just to feel it out" - you just focus on what your body's learned to do, and execute. Not to mention, you know, that mild breeze that you ignore when you're on the ground level...

i have a growing appreciation for people who do seemingly menial tricks on scary places.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 11:42:35 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello