Multimedia

Author Topic: First Quad Flip  (Read 15013 times)

Offline Stoked

• dood.sweet
    • View Profile
Re: First Quad Flip
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2015, 06:43:57 AM »
A big single flip would have looked loads better, probs 10 times harder to pull too.

Cam zinks 100 ft single flip on a mtb was cooler
Quote from: i am hollywood;3458649
The Ezra 'Q' freecoaster should be out in time to put on your 2012 christmas list

Offline cmc4130

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 10:39:24 AM »
I must be getting old because I can't stand this stuff. Pastrana turns everything into a circus and people get hurt for no good reason. Look at the video--these guys are dangerously high by any standard, rotating fast, and landing hard. Every one of them is moments away from a life altering injury and Pastrana is just cheering them on because it isn't his health he's risking. I know they have the ability to opt out, but the action sports peer pressure wins every time and these guys can't back down for fear of being labeled weak. Colin Winkleman destroyed both his ankles and a wrist for one of Pastrana's dumb shows and ended up taking his own life a year or so later. I can't help but think his career ending crash had something to do with his suicide.
BMX isn't BMX when it becomes a circus act.

That really sucked to hear about Winkleman. I'm trying to remember which show it was.  It was just Jackass right?  Pastrana wasn't involved with that?   Nate Wessel built the ramp and attached it to the van? 

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 12:37:12 PM »
Idk single flips can look so nice if it's slow on a longer jump.

Offline 14thStbikes

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2015, 03:34:45 PM »
It happened at Travis Pastrana's place in Maryland. He had a contest to pull the craziest clip at his compound. Sucks what happened to Winklemann... Crazy to think it was 10+ years ago that happened.

Offline GUMP_

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2015, 08:07:59 PM »
I'd rather watch Chad Herrington

Jarvy was talking about this dude yesterday when I saw him. Something about a one footer through the frame or something

Offline peggiesmalls

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2015, 08:48:16 PM »
Id rather  watch Hamilton do a skid.

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2015, 02:19:22 AM »
I'd rather watch Chad Herrington

Jarvy was talking about this dude yesterday when I saw him. Something about a one footer through the frame or something

And under the frame, reaching the pedal again. Not to mention barhop to double saran wrap. Ride On is on YouTube if you want to check it out

Offline dude...

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2015, 07:15:36 PM »
yeah chad herrington was something else
this year i am going to have sex and it will be awesome

Offline got bike?

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2015, 09:07:08 PM »
He looked dramatic in that hug, but i know it's just dizziness.

Offline nwcstn

• British Juggalo
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2015, 11:28:02 PM »
I must be getting old because I can't stand this stuff. Pastrana turns everything into a circus and people get hurt for no good reason. Look at the video--these guys are dangerously high by any standard, rotating fast, and landing hard. Every one of them is moments away from a life altering injury and Pastrana is just cheering them on because it isn't his health he's risking. I know they have the ability to opt out, but the action sports peer pressure wins every time and these guys can't back down for fear of being labeled weak. Colin Winkleman destroyed both his ankles and a wrist for one of Pastrana's dumb shows and ended up taking his own life a year or so later. I can't help but think his career ending crash had something to do with his suicide.
BMX isn't BMX when it becomes a circus act.

That really sucked to hear about Winkleman. I'm trying to remember which show it was.  It was just Jackass right?  Pastrana wasn't involved with that?   Nate Wessel built the ramp and attached it to the van? 

It was for sure in one of the old nitro circus dvds before it was a tv show and before the tour shit.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2015, 11:28:02 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello