Multimedia

Author Topic: what is your profession?  (Read 56956 times)

Offline Tall Opinion

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: what is your profession?
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2015, 08:10:01 PM »
Respiratory Therapist at one the largest inpatient hospitals in the country. Currently i'm working in the ICU running and managing the life support ventilators. Other times I can be placed on the general floors administering breathing medications/therapy.

Mind if I ask where at? My wife is an RRT.

Beaumont in Royal Oak, Michigan.
Formerly FitTrailSlayer

Quote from: M@tty;3563588
would rather watch the olympics if i want to see a black guy jump things, least they don\'t have the mentality of a beaten 13 year old.

Offline _tom_

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://soundcloud.com/tom_the_beast
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2015, 11:25:18 AM »
One size fits all PR/advertising/marketing account director at a large comms consultancy. Being 'creative', we have an entirely free bar in the office and all of the open plan, table tennis, hammock type of feel-good shit going on, which is alright.

My girlfriend is a surgeon in training and fuck me does it make me have days thinking 'what do I actually do' or visions of leaving the firm to go and chop trees down or build something, it is comical how different our respective 'bad day at work' stories are.

Don't suppose you guys have any jobs going for video or graphics guys do you? Sounds way more fun than where I work haha.

Offline sokoloka

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2015, 12:01:29 PM »
Literally unemployed
Gonna do a tad more manual labor and then I'm off to the wastelnd to work 100hr a week for $100/hr

The where to do what?
Quote from: JPR@lastcall;3184017
It would have been great to have parents, but it made BMX so much more hardcore and real not being able to buy anything new, ever.

Offline NWO_FJK

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2015, 12:30:47 PM »
I usually am a tree planter during the summer but in the off season I am cooking at some restaurant.

Offline master

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2015, 12:49:07 PM »
Literally unemployed
Gonna do a tad more manual labor and then I'm off to the wastelnd to work 100hr a week for $100/hr

The where to do what?

Probably the oil fields to be a roughneck...

Offline Allah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2015, 02:04:32 PM »
One size fits all PR/advertising/marketing account director at a large comms consultancy. Being 'creative', we have an entirely free bar in the office and all of the open plan, table tennis, hammock type of feel-good shit going on, which is alright.

My girlfriend is a surgeon in training and fuck me does it make me have days thinking 'what do I actually do' or visions of leaving the firm to go and chop trees down or build something, it is comical how different our respective 'bad day at work' stories are.

I can completely relate to this - our respective companies almost certainly have dealings with each other, I work for PR agencies and departments. Sadly we don't have as the same amount of perks but it's still a chilled out place to work. The PR world is such bullshit that I refuse to get stressed, compared to farming it's a joke. Half the job of a PR is to justify their existence to the wider company... Anyway, one day I'll do something useful.
"Who knows what Ruben actually does?" Garrett Byrnes

45th Generation Roman.

Offline Merry

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • @SoxMerry
    • View Profile
    • Ryder Distribution
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2015, 06:04:04 PM »
Entitlement Officer with the Workers Compensation Board of Prince Edward Island. Essentially, I'm on the team that adjudicates potential workers compensation claims.

Provincial government job, and a total career. The work is super challenging, I work with amazing people, and the pay and benefits are both fantastic.
Follow me on Twitter, ya bums: @SoxMerry

Offline U-238

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2015, 08:26:13 AM »
Respiratory Therapist at one the largest inpatient hospitals in the country. Currently i'm working in the ICU running and managing the life support ventilators. Other times I can be placed on the general floors administering breathing medications/therapy.

Damn dude! 1000+ beds? The hospital I am at has ~800 and is absolutely massive (I only work in the attached cancer center which is not that big). The wife is currently at a hospital with around 500 and she has no desire to work at any place bigger. Props to you.
Moving N of the V

bike check

Offline Tall Opinion

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2015, 09:48:57 PM »

Damn dude! 1000+ beds? The hospital I am at has ~800 and is absolutely massive (I only work in the attached cancer center which is not that big). The wife is currently at a hospital with around 500 and she has no desire to work at any place bigger. Props to you.

Haha, yeah it can definitely be overwhelming at times. I've been there about two months now and there still isn't a day that goes by where I don't get lost for a moment. They just broke ground on a new ER expansion as well, so our emergency center is about to triple in size.
Formerly FitTrailSlayer

Quote from: M@tty;3563588
would rather watch the olympics if i want to see a black guy jump things, least they don\'t have the mentality of a beaten 13 year old.

Offline ediotism

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2015, 02:13:36 AM »
A lot of the work is medical at the moment since that's where the bigger money is, but get involved in pretty much every field from aerospace to dildos (really).

I'd like to get a replica of my penis made as a dildo, I presume a single picture of the real thing can get you started. Is there a way for you to receive the file? my email wouldn't let me attach a 1TB file since its so big

Offline therussianbabe

• Hamster Muncher
  • Investing Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2015, 04:12:24 PM »
Currently a full-time student interning as a financial adviser at Edward Jones.

Offline jeffro

• Ladykiller.
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2015, 03:11:34 PM »

I can completely relate to this - our respective companies almost certainly have dealings with each other, I work for PR agencies and departments. Sadly we don't have as the same amount of perks but it's still a chilled out place to work. The PR world is such bullshit that I refuse to get stressed, compared to farming it's a joke. Half the job of a PR is to justify their existence to the wider company... Anyway, one day I'll do something useful.

Haha yeah man, what company? Four Communications. I have sporadic visions of doing something else but then I think, actually I love what I do and am making a decent wedge, I guess the grass always looks greener...

Offline powell

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2015, 02:36:28 PM »
i work for a company that buys, sells and refurbishes industrial equipment. and i've been working for redbull for about 4 years setting up events part time. though i dont care for either one all that much. id really like to be a national park ranger, or soemthing along those lines.

Offline Finn the Human

• Algebraic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2015, 05:18:47 PM »
I'm a bike mechanic at Halfords. Single mothers can bang on about how tough life is but its way harder being a white male living on 50p above minimum wage.

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2015, 05:30:43 PM »
Fuck thatttt. Whats minimum out there? Doesn't something have to do with your age for a while?

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2015, 05:30:43 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special