Multimedia

Author Topic: Apple's iCar or whatever..  (Read 29868 times)

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
Re: Apple's iCar or whatever..
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2015, 07:33:06 PM »
A few minutes? I want storage to be a reality soon. Having a tesla home storage device and an electric car would be supplemental and I hope that it helps satisfy demand and reduce the demand for energy production.

I wonder the fraction of fossil fuel energy transportation is responsible.

Offline condrbkr

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2015, 01:06:09 AM »
The Pod concept seems a bit too far fetched. I just don't think with how much government regulation is involved that something like that will be easily approved unless the technology is failsafe.

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2015, 11:59:31 AM »
The Pod concept seems a bit too far fetched. I just don't think with how much government regulation is involved that something like that will be easily approved unless the technology is failsafe.

You may be right. Unfortunately public fear will be the biggest hurdle, which is ridiculous in many ways. The system we have now (people driving cars and trucks etc) is by no means "failsafe" and we have thousands of fatalities and serious injuries (not to mention property damage) every year as a result.
eg. https://youtu.be/C1aSvoIpVss

However, with Google and Apple both trying to produce autonomous vehicles, plus military interest, there will be a hell of a lot of lobbying power stacked up on it's side. In terms of the docking between the trolley and the "pod" that is unlikely to be a problem. We already have a huge amount of heavy freight moved in containers in a very similar way, so it should be easy to argue that this would just be an alternative design.

:)
G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline Hank Chinaski

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2015, 07:02:27 PM »
Not that this is exactly what G said, but I'd say it's a step in that direction thinking wise.

http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2015/11/02/453975501/could-a-tiny-mobile-studio-solve-your-housing-crisis
Quote from:
His hair is alive with the crimson ghost of our father\'s lost adventures!

Offline RAILS!

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2015, 09:52:16 AM »
So Apple has been hiring a shit load of automotive engineers and there is speculation about what they are doing... well I have a theory and I want to get it down early, so when I am proved right in 5 years time I will have some proof to my claim of "told you so"...

G.

Unless our beloved forum gets wiped again and all those to-be age old threads disappear into never-never-land.

Quote from: Liam;3498857
You need to calm down before you end up eating your own sh*t in a cave with a tinfoil hat on.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2015, 09:52:16 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special