Multimedia

Author Topic: Odyssey Clutch Teardown?  (Read 55813 times)

Offline theboredbmxer

• View Profile
Re: Odyssey Clutch Teardown?
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2015, 12:22:25 PM »
So the stick-tion of the resistance mech is unaffected by being greased? I assume then the resistance mech is designed to be run wet? Just lookin for the usual G details

Last one, do you have an aluminum or ti axle planned for down the road?

R.I.P. Oz

Offline 1664

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2015, 06:55:19 AM »
It would be cool to see a count of free coasters sold from all the brands offered over the years, I don't suppose you could say how many were manufactured

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2015, 10:39:44 AM »
So the stick-tion of the resistance mech is unaffected by being greased? I assume then the resistance mech is designed to be run wet? Just lookin for the usual G details

The resistance mech should be greased ideally, but it isnt critical, it will work just fine "dry", if there is any grease in the hub then there is nothing to stop it getting into the resistance mechanism so it will likely have some.

No aluminium axle for this and no plans for a Ti one, there wouldn't be much point as the axle really isnt a big part of the weight. A 14mm Ti bolt would probably be worthwhile as there is still plenty of strength and the weight saving is good.

:)
G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline metalbmxer

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2015, 12:13:36 PM »

The resistance mech should be greased ideally, but it isnt critical, it will work just fine "dry", if there is any grease in the hub then there is nothing to stop it getting into the resistance mechanism so it will likely have some.

No aluminium axle for this and no plans for a Ti one, there wouldn't be much point as the axle really isnt a big part of the weight. A 14mm Ti bolt would probably be worthwhile as there is still plenty of strength and the weight saving is good.

G.

Ah k thanks I was wondering the same thing about axle options for weight savings

I have already searched and found 1 company offering a combo Ti bolt upgrade (3/8 + 14mm). Light Bmx Company. Look on Instagram

Offline streetStreet

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2015, 02:02:41 PM »
WHAT WOULD IAN DO

Offline Mike Reimer(derangedbiker)

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2015, 08:21:19 PM »
So pumped for this. Empire is building me one right now and my home town is finally getting a skatepark. Biked all day today, feel like I'm 14 again.

Offline JFax

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2015, 02:21:30 AM »
Thanks for the vids, did well at explaining what was new and special about the hub.
Isnt there a risk of wear on the resistance mechanism? to me it looks like metal scraping against plastic.

And seeing how much trouble my c-clip gave me in the ratchet driver Im worried about the clip holding the hub together in this design...
Quote from: andreasTHN;1991264
He is so good that he probably doesnt have a serial number on his frame, just a cheat code...

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2015, 03:41:17 AM »
I wouldn't worry because of the Ratchet circlip

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2015, 05:43:52 AM »
Thanks for the vids, did well at explaining what was new and special about the hub.
Isnt there a risk of wear on the resistance mechanism? to me it looks like metal scraping against plastic.

And seeing how much trouble my c-clip gave me in the ratchet driver Im worried about the clip holding the hub together in this design...

This is a much bigger beefier clip and is essentially the same design that kept every Homer and Vandal rear hub together "back in the day". We NEVER had any issues with it coming out in those hubs, so it really shouldn't give any issues here.

G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2015, 05:43:52 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello