Multimedia

Author Topic: Broke my Fly cranks. Need new crank suggestions  (Read 12119 times)

Offline bmxmike215

• View Profile
Re: Broke my Fly cranks. Need new crank suggestions
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2015, 12:42:29 PM »
You sure you dont have any type of warrenty on these? Seems like lifetime is standard...

I would say Odyssey thunderbolt. Probably the lightest and strongest cranks out there.

Fly emailed me back finally and said tough shit basically.  5+ year old cranks and no receipt.  Whatever, I get it, what i want them to know is the bike sat in storage for 5 years so these cranks had less than 200 hours worth of riding on before the pedal snapped off.  I never even did anything big on them, justhing but flatland type stuff grinding ledges and etc.

Whatever, lesson learned I will avoid Fly for now on. 

Offline metalbmxer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2015, 05:25:07 PM »
You sure you dont have any type of warrenty on these? Seems like lifetime is standard...

I would say Odyssey thunderbolt. Probably the lightest and strongest cranks out there.

Fly emailed me back finally and said tough shit basically.  5+ year old cranks and no receipt.  Whatever, I get it, what i want them to know is the bike sat in storage for 5 years so these cranks had less than 200 hours worth of riding on before the pedal snapped off.  I never even did anything big on them, justhing but flatland type stuff grinding ledges and etc.

Whatever, lesson learned I will avoid Fly for now on.

Ok, now here's what you do: email them back and say yeah hey sorry i understand you have to sell parts to keep the business afloat and whatnot but could I try another set of fly cranks at cost? Since the ones you had were barely used.

It's worth a try

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2015, 05:25:07 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello