Multimedia

Author Topic: Discussion: US 2016 Elections  (Read 70216 times)

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion: US 2016 Elections
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2015, 10:33:30 AM »
I kind of want to vote for Donald Trump.

I like how he represents an outside voice. Sure's he son of a multi millionaire and he's more celebrity than politician but I think he's the best candidate solely cause he's not a tangled in the mess that you know everyone else. He has enough money, so he's not motivated by that. I'd vote Republican him over Hillary anyday.

I don't have a clue how people associate representation with him.

Similarly, how do you think this guy who hustles all his shit everywhere is not motivated by money? Bush 2: The Revenge was not a billionaire but he also was no peasant. Would you also say he wasn't concerned with money? It may not be cowering to a lobby for campaign finances but putting shit like Halliburton in for rebuilding Iraq. I have not a single doubt the corruption of Trumph would be present.

Awarding federal contracts without bids to compare costs is absolutely corruption. This is the type of money issue I see, not the campaign one. Fuck, there's probably a lot more money to be made if he gets an hour show for a TV broadcast season. The Trump Presidential Reality Show.

Offline condrbkr

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2015, 02:10:00 PM »

Similarly, how do you think this guy who hustles all his shit everywhere is not motivated by money? Bush 2: The Revenge was not a billionaire but he also was no peasant. Would you also say he wasn't concerned with money? It may not be cowering to a lobby for campaign finances but putting shit like Halliburton in for rebuilding Iraq. I have not a single doubt the corruption of Trumph would be present.

Awarding federal contracts without bids to compare costs is absolutely corruption. This is the type of money issue I see, not the campaign one. Fuck, there's probably a lot more money to be made if he gets an hour show for a TV broadcast season. The Trump Presidential Reality Show.

I honestly think at this point he's more motivated by ego/legacy than money, which I don't think is too bad. He says what he wants, he does what he wants, hes got a lot of gutso that is missing from the average candidate for a long time. EVERY president is gonna piss off somebody, I'd rather have a person who can own it and face it than side skirt everything in some bullshit politically correct move.

We've needed an outsider who isn't afraid to face Washington and to me Trump represents that. If he's so inclined to do more the same than the Republican Party wouldn't be trying to oust him.

Plus I don't think Bush Jr. was ever a bad guy. A terrible president but only cause he was just a easily controlled crony that played president so the real evil party highers up could get away with their terrible stuff and he'd just be scapegoat.

Bernie vs. Trump would be hard for me to choose...

Offline Narcoleptic Insomniac

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2015, 05:21:12 PM »
Interview with Bernie Sanders for those interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5vOKKMipSA

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2015, 05:57:46 PM »

I honestly think at this point he's more motivated by ego/legacy than money, which I don't think is too bad. He says what he wants, he does what he wants, hes got a lot of gutso that is missing from the average candidate for a long time. EVERY president is gonna piss off somebody, I'd rather have a person who can own it and face it than side skirt everything in some bullshit politically correct move.

We've needed an outsider who isn't afraid to face Washington and to me Trump represents that. If he's so inclined to do more the same than the Republican Party wouldn't be trying to oust him.

Plus I don't think Bush Jr. was ever a bad guy. A terrible president but only cause he was just a easily controlled crony that played president so the real evil party highers up could get away with their terrible stuff and he'd just be scapegoat.

Bernie vs. Trump would be hard for me to choose...

You're saying that it wouldn't be too bad to put an egomaniac sociopath in charge of the most lethal fighting force the world has ever seen including enough nukes to end life on earth, the most influential diplomatic apparatus in the world and the largest world economy in size and impact.

The dude is incapable of empathy and can't relate whatsoever to how normal people live. It's probably reasonable to assume he's filled with nothing but contempt for us. He's constantly talking out of his ass and then he's too gutless to admit he's wrong, let alone apologize, regardless of how absurd, offensive or delusional his comments are. You say he has guts because he's confrontational, rude and unapologetic but his behavior is not fueled courage at all. It's fueled by an ego bigger than any of us could ever imagine, bigger than America.

Concepts like Nation or Country mean nothing to him because in Trump's mind he transcends those ideas. He sees himself as a supranational entity. Nothing is bigger than himself.

If Trump was inexplicably elected president it would be a disaster of apocalyptic proportions. The political, economic, social, and environmental devastation would be unprecedented.

Offline condrbkr

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2015, 06:34:33 PM »

You're saying that it wouldn't be too bad to put an egomaniac sociopath in charge of the most lethal fighting force the world has ever seen including enough nukes to end life on earth, the most influential diplomatic apparatus in the world and the largest world economy in size and impact.

The dude is incapable of empathy and can't relate whatsoever to how normal people live. It's probably reasonable to assume he's filled with nothing but contempt for us. He's constantly talking out of his ass and then he's too gutless to admit he's wrong, let alone apologize, regardless of how absurd, offensive or delusional his comments are. You say he has guts because he's confrontational, rude and unapologetic but his behavior is not fueled courage at all. It's fueled by an ego bigger than any of us could ever imagine, bigger than America.

Concepts like Nation or Country mean nothing to him because in Trump's mind he transcends those ideas. He sees himself as a supranational entity. Nothing is bigger than himself.

If Trump was inexplicably elected president it would be a disaster of apocalyptic proportions. The political, economic, social, and environmental devastation would be unprecedented.

This kind of thinking is what's wrong with the political system. 'Apocalypitc', 'egomanic sociopath', 'seeing himself as a supranational entity', these are all words used by extremists which isn't what democracy is about.

People hate on Trump, he's an asshole, he's a billionaire, he's shameless, he's so fucking American its sickening... but thats all qualities that could help things get done. There is not an alternative candidate out there outside of Bernie Sanders(i'll get to him in a second) that you know has the will to change the system and thats why him and Trump are the only names people really care about. The difference him and Bernie is that Trump can work systems incredibly well, hell he got to a point where people are scared he's running for office. A lot of his charade acts are just him pandering to the market that will be most likely voting for him and you know what as terrible as it sounds that what it takes sometimes.

I love me some Bernie but hes too noble. He's inflexible, his ideas are too strong for this time. His presidency will be absolutely fruitless cause no one is gonna back him on anything. He even admits this and says that he needs people to actively help him out if he wins, guess what people suck.

Thats why I lean towards Trump. He's a bit tyranical in his ways but somewhere I truly truly hope that there is a side to him where he means wellhttp://americablog.com/2015/07/donald-trump-hired-illegal-immigrants-to-build-his-new-luxury-hotel-because-of-course-he-did.html. He just comes off as a 'the end justifies the means' type.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2015, 06:34:50 PM »
http://www.businessinsider.com/r-trumps-plan-for-islamic-state-put-a-ring-around-it-2015-8

Trump's plan for ISIS is what we all accused Bush for instigating Iraq. 'Send lives in and the USA will take their oil. They won't have money to continue operations. Boom! Okay?'

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2015, 06:53:30 PM »

This kind of thinking is what's wrong with the political system. 'Apocalypitc', 'egomanic sociopath', 'seeing himself as a supranational entity', these are all words used by extremists which isn't what democracy is about.

People hate on Trump, he's an asshole, he's a billionaire, he's shameless, he's so fucking American its sickening... but thats all qualities that could help things get done. There is not an alternative candidate out there outside of Bernie Sanders(i'll get to him in a second) that you know has the will to change the system and thats why him and Trump are the only names people really care about. The difference him and Bernie is that Trump can work systems incredibly well, hell he got to a point where people are scared he's running for office. A lot of his charade acts are just him pandering to the market that will be most likely voting for him and you know what as terrible as it sounds that what it takes sometimes.

I love me some Bernie but hes too noble. He's inflexible, his ideas are too strong for this time. His presidency will be absolutely fruitless cause no one is gonna back him on anything. He even admits this and says that he needs people to actively help him out if he wins, guess what people suck.

Thats why I lean towards Trump. He's a bit tyranical in his ways but somewhere I truly truly hope that there is a side to him where he means wellhttp://americablog.com/2015/07/donald-trump-hired-illegal-immigrants-to-build-his-new-luxury-hotel-because-of-course-he-did.html. He just comes off as a 'the end justifies the means' type.

Ok, I give you that I might have taken some rhetorical liberties with my adjectives but I still feel they are mostly accurate and I stand by my point which is that Trump in totally unqualified for the position.

I don't know dude, I don't think a 'the end justifies the means' type is what you want in an office where he might find himself facing profound ethical dilemmas involving the lives of millions. At some point tough decisions may need to be made and you want the person making them to struggle with them, not just take them lightly because he's a not-give-a-fuck kind of guy. I just don't see Trump as a man with integrity.

Offline jaythomas

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2015, 05:47:16 PM »
trump would absolutely destroy the american middle class. he has no regard for the regular working people of this country whatsoever.

edit: no way bernie can lose now.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/10/politics/lil-b-based-god-black-lives-matter-clinton-sanders/
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 05:49:19 PM by jaythomas »

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2015, 11:29:14 PM »
If you think for one second that Trump is going to rule America for Americans, you're a flat out moron.
Quote from: Christopher T.;3571083
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Offline Kinchy

• Fux wit titles
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2015, 03:38:23 AM »
Sounds similar to the Nigel Farage mania that happened a few months before the UK elections.
He didn't even win his own constituency in the end.

Trump is great entertainment now, but when it comes down to it nearer the time a real politician will beat him
Quote from: Broady;3529439
I ran ahead a bit and hid, dropped my jeans and took my top off and started chasing them whilst spraying beer all over them and making weird noises.

Offline happycatbasket

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2015, 01:25:07 PM »
condrbkr, you might want to check out this podcast. Dan Carlin shares some of your opinions about him being an outsider and that being a good thing. I can't remember if he says anything about the guy's policies (I am desperately afraid this guy has a chance to do anything besides disrupting the republican party) but it's pretty interesting stuff regardless: http://podbay.fm/show/155974141/e/1439016488?autostart=1
This is my signature.

This was my bike czech

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2015, 08:18:29 PM »
I listened to that the other day. The be "at 11 to set yourself apart from the GOP then at election appear more moderate" never occurred to me.

Offline condrbkr

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2015, 03:45:13 AM »
http://madworldnews.com/airlines-terminally-ill-boy-trump/

Sometimes the biggest asshole is the biggest softy in the inside... but sometimes they're a sociopath.

Offline streetStreet

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2015, 05:12:05 PM »
I hear trump will give the native's their land back if you vote for him.

Offline condrbkr

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2015, 12:59:37 AM »
There was a emperor who recently conquered the lands. As he was going on tour to view his newly acquired kingdom he was met with the cheers of citizens all over. He was applauded everywhere he went but only stopped once whe he saw an old man working his field. His bodyguards took this as a sign of dissent against the new emperor and arrested the old man and brought him in. The emperor asks the man 'Are you not happy that I am the new Emperor?', 'I have come relieve you of your peasant life'. The old man simply replied 'I have seen many Emperors come and go and they always promise the same, pardon me I have to get my field ready for I don't know if I'll have enough for me when you come and take your share'. Vote Libertarian.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2015, 12:59:37 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special