Multimedia

Author Topic: Discussion: US 2016 Elections  (Read 69422 times)

Offline Donald

• rodeo peanut
    • View Profile
    • http://
Re: Discussion: US 2016 Elections
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2015, 07:35:32 PM »
Either way, this is the first election I'm participating in (shameful, I know) and I'm throwing my hat in for him

Not shameful, that is great! If more people think the same thing then it is possible the young voters and other disillusioned voters might go out in force and really push Sanders through.

Just make sure you vote in the primaries, that is the one that is going to matter for Sanders.

When are primaries typically held?

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2015, 09:36:35 PM »
Somewhat on topic, I know that presidents can only have 2 consecutive terms. But after someone else takes up office, can they run for the next election? Or is it two terms, even if non-consecutive a la Grover Cleveland.
Quote from: Sir smashalottavaginis;3362940
Damn.  Now I\'m torn between c***s or satan

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2015, 09:57:19 PM »
Just two terms for presidency.

Offline condrbkr

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2015, 03:36:29 AM »
People I've talked to are pretty in line with his way of thinking. I just think most people don't think he has a chance to win so they'll end up tossing their vote to their preferred party. Also, I think if he did get into office he'd have a hard time getting anything done due to push back from congress.

I just think he's this years Ron Paul. 

The best we can hope from all this is that he pushes new ideas to the forefront and creates a different model for progressives to rally behind. Eventually people in similar line of thinking can win local and state elections which would make the rest of the country more open to his ideas he started. Kind of like how Ron Paul forced a merge with the growing Libertarian movement(he pretty much reinvigorated) to the Republican party platform.

I hope that Bernie makes it far and gets a lot of traction and press. Even though I truly think his ideas are too radical for most of America(like you said most of Congress would never agree), it's solid thinking none the less. The man lives what he speaks, he could truly invoke real change through that alone and doesn't need the White House seat to make that difference. He just needs a platform for him to bring those thoughts to mainstream America. Evolution not revolution.

Offline jaythomas

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2015, 11:23:03 PM »
dont forget about mike huckabee, the guy who, as governor,  helped get a rapist paroled so that he could go out and rape/murder another woman.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2015, 05:06:31 PM »
Isn't he a big natural gas/fracking advocate/investor?

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2015, 05:09:39 PM »
I can't believe all the bullshit that you hear the right say about Obama and there is traction behind Trump. That motherfucker is a corrupt swindling piece of dookie and the conservative right apparently thinks that's okay in favor of the Regan team to re-empower the white man.

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2015, 08:06:26 PM »
Isn't he a big natural gas/fracking advocate/investor?

And the matter with fracking is?

(I'm biased since natural gas and crude oil companies pay my bills)
Quote from: Sir smashalottavaginis;3362940
Damn.  Now I\'m torn between c***s or satan

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2015, 08:21:04 PM »
I would say fucking up local water tables is a big one, the ability to set your tap water on fire, etc, etc.

I am all for sound science and have no doubt that fracking can be done safely and properly, but is this the case in the real world? If it were, there would be no accidents. Water is too precious to fuck with. There is a big movement against fracking here in Aus...whether the science says it is ok or not, public opinion plays a big part and in this case I am with majority opinion. I don't want to see our farmland put at risk (no matter how small that risk is portrayed to be).

Also, I just want to vent about coal mines while we are on the topic of fucking up water tables and farmland. FUCK COAL MINES, ESPECIALLY IN THE VICINITY OF PRIME AGRICULTURAL LAND.
Quote from: Christopher T.;3571083
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Offline Narcoleptic Insomniac

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2015, 08:40:14 PM »
I can't believe all the bullshit that you hear the right say about Obama and there is traction behind Trump. That motherfucker is a corrupt swindling piece of dookie and the conservative right apparently thinks that's okay in favor of the Regan team to re-empower the white man.

Trump and the people who support him deserve each other.

Offline U-238

• View Profile
Moving N of the V

bike check

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2015, 10:51:16 PM »
I can't believe people are stoked on shit Trump is saying.

Offline alaskun

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2015, 01:25:56 AM »
I don't trust the guy at all, don't want a celebrity for president, and I reaaally don't like some of his opinions, but what specifically do you think is wrong with what he's saying? 

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2015, 01:31:43 PM »
Things like 'no one's bigger or better at the military than I am'. Offering military support to Libya in exchange for exclusive oil rights. Saying stupid things as a celebrity is a whole different thing than as the commander in chief of the USA.

Offline sokoloka

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2015, 10:51:55 AM »

Hard not to get stoked on shit that actually makes sense.
Quote from: JPR@lastcall;3184017
It would have been great to have parents, but it made BMX so much more hardcore and real not being able to buy anything new, ever.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2015, 10:51:55 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special