Multimedia

Author Topic: Fan Theory (films)  (Read 26127 times)

Offline Zoidberg

• Doctor
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Fan Theory (films)
« on: June 28, 2015, 01:33:36 PM »
Obviously I've had too much time on my hands but I've started looking into fan theory for films/ tv series which is where people come up with alternative meanings for films and stuff.

So far, I like these ones:

1. In 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off,' Ferris doesn't exist and is Cameron's imaginary friend like in 'Fight Club.'

2. The blue meth from 'Breaking Bad' is what starts the zombie break out in 'Walking Dead.'

3. E.T was a Jedi.

4. The 'Jetsons' and the 'Flintstones' happen at the same time in a post apocolyptic future where the rich live in the sky and the poor live on the ground imitating technology they once used.

5. James Bond is just a code name.

Do you know any good ones?

Offline MEAT

• I AM THE LAW
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Fan Theory (films)
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 02:04:40 PM »
Iggle piggle is actually the dream state personification of the kid you see falling asleep at the start.

Telly tubbies was a commentary on surveillance society.

Rick grimes is still in a coma.

Offline torontoflatlander

• Veteran
  • This guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 02:36:11 PM »
Rugrats show.

Creepypasta Wiki
Useful Links
Wiki Activity
Random Pasta
Videos
The Rugrats really were a figment of Angelica's Demonic and Unimaginable imagination.

Chuckie died in 1986 along with his mother, that's why Chaz is a nervous wreck all the time.

Tommy was born in 1988, but he was a stillborn, that's why Stu is constantly in the basement making toys for the son who never had a chance to live.

The DeVilles had an abortion in 1990, Angelica couldn't figure whether it would be a boy or a girl thus creating the twins.

As for "All Grown Up" the teenage Angelica became addicted to various narcotics which further aggravated her Schizophrenia, bringing her back to her childhood and thus her creations she obsessed over, because of time lapse between the present and the last time she interacted with her creations, she made them older. Angelica was constantly taking hits of acid, so she would never have to live without her creations who were her only company. In a judgmental world, Angelica's mom actually died of a heroine overdose in 1982 just after Angelica was born, and Drew in his depression married a gold digging whore that Angelica idolized because she fooled herself into thinking it was her real mom but always had a concept of her mom, Cynthia, and took a barbie doll and made it after her mom's image, wearing an unwashed orange dress and having jacked up hair, which is why she was so attached to it. Later in life she followed in her mom's footsteps with drugs and everything, dying of overdose at age 13 when All Grown Up! was "cancelled".

The only rugrat not to be fictional however, was unborn Tommy's brother Dil. However, Angelica didn't know the difference between Dil and her creations, although Dil didn't follow her commands. After endless crying and a refusal to disappear like the others did when Angelica was angry with them, she hit him. Due to this, he sustained a brain hemorrhage, which resulted in a deformation. As he grew up, his damage only became more evident and by the time he was 9 in "All Grown Up!" he lived as an outcast, being ridiculed for his weirdness and retardation. The immense guilt over this is what led Angelica to her drug use and is what led Angelica to un-create the Rugrats briefly, until her experience with hallucinogenics.

On a trip to Paris to find love, Chaz married a woman named Kira (He was actually going to marry a different woman named Coco, but she just wanted him for his money.) who had a daughter named Kimi that was torn from her because she was a cocaine addict (Angelica imagined her from Kira's stories). He lost his mind after the death of his wife and was in denial that she was ever prostitute. Upon return to America, Chaz and Kira married and she got her greencard. It was actually a really happy and romantic story. Kira continually struggled with addiction, but was relatively happy with her life and Chaz

Suzie was actually Angelica's only friend, who entertained the thought of Angelica's creations, for her sake. Angelica spent the last days of her life in the back of the school cafeteria, imagining friends around her and playing with the lives of her creations.

More here http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/The_Rugrats_Theory

This was the only one I ever remembered. R.I.P. Childhood cartoons
Quote from: The Fresh Pinch;3592393
No one likes a salty member.

Offline Narcoleptic Insomniac

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 08:56:06 PM »
Damn, that Rugrats theory is fucked.

Offline LukeTom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 04:43:14 PM »
I have always liked the idea that popeye's spinach was in fact a representation of beer, he starts fights, appears to get stronger etc. and he was a sailor (notorious for drinking), also it first aired at the start of the prohibition in America.

Regarding the James Bond codename thing, I taught it seemed a bit far when you saw his mum and dads name on their gravestones. But I have heard some arguments that agents are just sent there to be trained when they are younger and there are many "James'", I think its a little far fetched, but each to their own.

another one which springs to mind is the one with Galadriel in LotR where she gives Gimli three hairs, it references an elf in the samilarion who asked for the same thing and she denied him, this is why Gimili is such good friends with elves. Another in LotR is that Gandalf had always planned to fly them instead of walking.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 05:33:08 PM by LukeTom »

Danno

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 05:14:56 PM »
Telly tubbies was a commentary on surveillance society.

Fucking weird fact: my ex girlfriends uncle wrote the theme tune for that show.

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 06:06:21 PM »
Another in LotR is that Gandalf had always planned to fly them instead of walking.

That would just make Gandalf a fucking cunt.
Quote from: Christopher T.;3571083
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Offline weedbix

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 09:57:44 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRcMVMeXPQ4

The Hobbits ask why Gandalf didn't use the Eagles earlier

Offline ginger

• Veteran
  • Gulch fisting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 01:03:25 AM »
I needed to see that, perfect.

Getting back on track, I always like the cross-overs in Disney-Pixar films. Like the Monsters Inc toilet seat cover in Toy Story.
Quote from: Christopher T.;3571083
When I was a virgin, I thought sex should mean something. Then I had sex and realized it is all about how awesome it is.

Offline LukeTom

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 02:53:21 AM »
Another in LotR is that Gandalf had always planned to fly them instead of walking.

That would just make Gandalf a fucking cunt.
The theory basic goes like this
Gandalf secretly planned on taking the fellowship to where the eagles live and having the eagles fly them to Mordor. The eagles lived on the other side of the Misty Mountains but all the routes for crossing them were too dangerous and difficult, and Gandalf (along with his secret plan) ends up falling down a chasm in a battle with the Balrog. Just before falling with the Balrog he tries to surreptitiously tell them the secret plan (when he says 'fly you fools) but was too surreptitious and they didn't understand. When he came back as Gandalf the White he had forgotten many things, including the plan to meet the eagles.

Offline 1664

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 05:05:09 PM »

Getting back on track, I always like the cross-overs in Disney-Pixar films. Like the Monsters Inc toilet seat cover in Toy Story.
[/quote]

There's also the fan theory that all the Pixar movies exist in the same post wall-e universe, seems intended not just fan theory.

Offline Narcoleptic Insomniac

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 06:14:01 PM »
Yeah, the Pixar theory is a good one.
http://www.pixartheory.com/

Offline condrbkr

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2015, 10:42:33 AM »

Offline torontoflatlander