Multimedia

Author Topic: The Anti-Odyssey  (Read 16942 times)

Offline montymitch

• View Profile
Re: The Anti-Odyssey
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2015, 06:53:57 PM »
You could get some G-Sport wheels  ;D

Failing that, how about widening your horizons? You have three solid bikes, look into other things, off the top of my head:-

1. Plan ramps, dirt-jumps, little alterations to natural terrain like drainage ditches.

2. Plan a trip.

3. Get a motorbike. (I have been amazed how the experience of riding a motorbike has made me think about how I ride BMX and MTB more).

4. Do a wild paint job on one of your existing bikes.

5. Write a long and detailed rebuttal of why all my ideas suck and try to work in as many references to cheese as possible.

6. Send time wasting letters/emails to companies and see if you get an answer. For example:-

Dear water company,

I have been relatively happy with your service over the last few years, but some weeks ago I noticed that my warm water taps no longer work. The cold taps all still work very well, but all the water being supplied to the warm taps appears to be absolutely stone cold. When I tried to phone your help line about this issue I received a a tirade of abuse... etc etc.

:)
G.

Funny you should say all this, because this is exactly what has been rolling around in my head. BUT:
I've got a set of G-Sport wheels on one bike (marmy/ratchet to roll and ribcage), and my other set of wheels is antigrams laced to birdcages.
1. Very time consuming (I have 4 children)
2. This is a good idea. I'm going to put some time and energy into this.
3. God I miss my dirtbike. I haven't picked one up since because of time, money, and my 4 kids.
4. I'll never be happy with the results.
5. Dang, I should have been writing about cheese. There is a delicious local cheesemaker that produces a cheese called 'Barely Buzzed.' It's a semi-hard cheese with a coffee rind.
6. Aint nobody got time fo that.

I'm really surprised that you didn't suggest picking up a different discipline such as MTB or road, but that crap is expensive. Maybe I should look into a Fairdale...

Offline Boomhauer

• Least Favourite JUGGALO by far
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2015, 08:58:44 PM »
Just make a crazy freestyle bike..

Subrosa Dtt frame
Deco forks
Deco bars
S&M Lil redneck stem
Fat pivotal seating
S&M speedball tires
G-Sport birdcage rims
Odyssey clutch freecoaster
Daily grind front hub
Plastic pegs with grip tape
170mm Powerbite v2 cranks
Fit keyguard
Fly brakes front and rear with elaborate dual cable gyro and a Nokon front brake cable..

Fill with titanium until your head explodes..
Get Rad.
Quote from: Bink;3116353
Yeah, f**k that.  Grind everything.
Quote from: skateparkrider;3612141
The gussets are awesome.  My wife has been needing my name carved into her for about a decade.

Offline LeonLikesToRock

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2015, 02:43:07 AM »

Dear water company,

I have been relatively happy with your service over the last few years, but some weeks ago I noticed that my warm water taps no longer work. The cold taps all still work very well, but all the water being supplied to the warm taps appears to be absolutely stone cold. When I tried to phone your help line about this issue I received a a tirade of abuse... etc etc.

G.

I work at a water company and this comes up a lot. I thought it was just people who were unfamiliar with how their plumbing works but I guess it is just guys who are happy with their bikes deciding to be cunce haha.
Hangovers and trains

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2015, 05:48:55 AM »
You could get some G-Sport wheels  ;D

Failing that, how about widening your horizons? You have three solid bikes, look into other things, off the top of my head:-

1. Plan ramps, dirt-jumps, little alterations to natural terrain like drainage ditches.

2. Plan a trip.

3. Get a motorbike. (I have been amazed how the experience of riding a motorbike has made me think about how I ride BMX and MTB more).

4. Do a wild paint job on one of your existing bikes.

5. Write a long and detailed rebuttal of why all my ideas suck and try to work in as many references to cheese as possible.

6. Send time wasting letters/emails to companies and see if you get an answer. For example:-

Dear water company,

G.

Funny you should say all this, because this is exactly what has been rolling around in my head. BUT:
I've got a set of G-Sport wheels on one bike (marmy/ratchet to roll and ribcage), and my other set of wheels is antigrams laced to birdcages.
1. Very time consuming (I have 4 children)
2. This is a good idea. I'm going to put some time and energy into this.
3. God I miss my dirtbike. I haven't picked one up since because of time, money, and my 4 kids.
4. I'll never be happy with the results.
5. Dang, I should have been writing about cheese. There is a delicious local cheesemaker that produces a cheese called 'Barely Buzzed.' It's a semi-hard cheese with a coffee rind.
6. Aint nobody got time fo that.

I'm really surprised that you didn't suggest picking up a different discipline such as MTB or road, but that crap is expensive. Maybe I should look into a Fairdale...

Didn't suggest an MTB because you said you had a bum knee...

If you have 4 kids, put the money and effort into bikes for them...

G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline blueee

• Dumbest, Ugliest, Rattiest spot searching master on bikeguide
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=141705194
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2015, 01:21:48 PM »
you should take their knees
give me a

Offline streetStreet

• O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2015, 02:47:58 PM »
you should take their knees
give me a

Take their bikes after you buy them

Offline Bunky

• Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!
  • Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2015, 03:36:42 PM »

Didn't suggest an MTB because you said you had a bum knee...

If you have 4 kids, put the money and effort into bikes for them...

G.

Forget that, put some time and effort into an EUD...
Quote from: G
this website is essentially an irrelevant back-water of the internet

Offline condrbkr

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2015, 03:55:11 PM »
I'd be flattered if my brand of parts were ubiquitous with pretty much becoming the standard.

Offline Louis

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2015, 05:28:06 PM »

Offline RighteousBMX

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2015, 11:01:07 AM »
Animal is like Kink back in the day, going nowhere fast with all that momentum.

Offline joelite44

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2015, 05:02:45 PM »
s&m frame/fbm bars & stem/eclat cranks & tree sprocket.

Offline montymitch

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2015, 06:41:21 PM »
Decided to freshen up the Beverage with some new rubber. I had BSD Donnasqueaks that are almost two years old now and getting pretty plasticky. I'll give you one guess what brand of tires I put on there.

Offline badlight

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2015, 10:18:38 PM »
Have donnasqueaks really been out for two years? I think I need to stop smoking dope or something....

Offline montymitch

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2015, 09:00:59 AM »
Have donnasqueaks really been out for two years? I think I need to stop smoking dope or something....

I guess it hasn't been as long as I thought. I purchased the tires in May, 2014.

Offline jtr

• former eraserhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2015, 08:04:02 AM »
i feel similar... most of the parts i buy seem to be odyssey.
i allways look for the best material and design for a certain price and allmost allways end up with buying odyssey.
not that it would be a problem to me.
the simple thing is made in usa parts are insanelly pricey in europe and everything else seems to be made in taiwan anyways so all manufacturers have pretty much the same products. except of the ones that can really afford to pay people to think of and design new/different things. like odyssey.

latelly i am a bit into merritt because even tho they seem to be quite small the ideasand products they release seem to be a bit more than the usual "different collor designs" the only downside of their product line is that most of the parts look not that good. (imo)

also kink has released parts like the cranks, pedals and rims that are imo at leas as appealing as the odyssey eqivalents and for me to say this is a really big deal, haha...

so i'd go with
fit frame and fork, mac bars, also 2.25 faf tires. still the best feeling pair of rubbers
profile hubs (if pegless) laced into kink rims
also kink cranks, some pedals you like (eclat has pretty much everything from super slim to chunky)
tree sprocket (and maybe hubs)
some bits and pieces from other companies like merritt, eclat, fbm, s&m, solid (if you find any), etc.

other than that sel two of your bikes, buy an old honda cb and go on a long ass trip!

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2015, 08:04:02 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special