Multimedia

Author Topic: s&m hoder or odsy broc grips  (Read 17444 times)

Offline JFax

• View Profile
Re: s&m hoder or odsy broc grips
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2015, 04:20:51 PM »
My friend bought a pair of Ody grips that lasted him a week. I myself bought a pair that lasted 2 months.
My ODI grips are still running perfect after 3 years. Even though my Odyssey grips experiences were from way back I would never get Ody grips again.
Quote from: andreasTHN;1991264
He is so good that he probably doesnt have a serial number on his frame, just a cheat code...

Offline paranoidmexican

• freeeeeeeestyle
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2015, 04:29:29 PM »
I really liked the adam banton grips, and the aaron ross grips as well. I have odi right now and no complaints. the tom dugan grip is really nice too. I got free merritt grips but didn't like them that much.
Perform an act of kindness without posting it to social media. Love one another.

Offline metalbmxer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2015, 05:15:30 PM »
I really liked the adam banton grips, and the aaron ross grips as well. I have odi right now and no complaints. the tom dugan grip is really nice too. I got free merritt grips but didn't like them that much.

Ah right on brotha! Yeah the tom dugan grip feels good. not sure if i like odsy's compound tho. maybe i just need to get one of theirs next

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2015, 05:25:01 PM »
We've totally changed our grip manufacturer and the compounds we use so they should be a lot better than they were a few years ago.

:)
G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline metalbmxer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2015, 05:52:29 PM »
We've totally changed our grip manufacturer and the compounds we use so they should be a lot better than they were a few years ago.

:)
G.

Ah excellent, thank you G, good to know!!!
Will definitely be checking out the new Broc grip then!

Offline DontcallmeKenneth

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2015, 08:45:42 PM »
I liked the cufflinks, but those were the only odyssey grips ive had. I felt the sunday ones that are lije the cufflinks which i would have purchased if they had gum ones at the shop. The merritt grips i feel are only good if you wear gloves or dont have sweaty hands. I have since cut my bars though, and will probably buy some soft longnecks again because they feel amazing.

Offline Boomhauer

• Least Favourite JUGGALO by far
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2015, 12:45:17 AM »
The Odsy Broc grips feel really similar to longnecks with somewhat of a mid softness. They feel pretty damn good to me..
Quote from: Bink;3116353
Yeah, f**k that.  Grind everything.
Quote from: skateparkrider;3612141
The gussets are awesome.  My wife has been needing my name carved into her for about a decade.

Offline tecnic1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2015, 06:00:23 AM »
I scooped a set of Hoders, just cause I'm kinda a grip whore, and they are stupidly soft and sticky. The ribs actually stick together when you grab and let go of them.

I wished they were a little shorter and slightly larger in diameter.  Dugans definitely feel larger in diameter.

No matter what grips I try, I end up going back to Dugans.  Ifbi could get Dugans in the Hoder compound, I would but like 30 pairs of those and be done with grips forever.

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2015, 11:37:14 AM »
I scooped a set of Hoders, just cause I'm kinda a grip whore, and they are stupidly soft and sticky. The ribs actually stick together when you grab and let go of them.

I wished they were a little shorter and slightly larger in diameter.  Dugans definitely feel larger in diameter.

No matter what grips I try, I end up going back to Dugans.  Ifbi could get Dugans in the Hoder compound, I would but like 30 pairs of those and be done with grips forever.
get the odi soft longnecks.

Offline tecnic1

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2015, 01:33:16 PM »

get the odi soft longnecks.
Had them. Not nearly long enough.  Dugans are about 150mm, longnecks are 130mm, Hoders are 160.  I think 150 is the sweet spot to work with a brake lever.

The wannabe miniflange annoyed me too.

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2015, 02:53:23 PM »
Oh ok, i cut my bars usyally so the longnecks arent so long on my bars. I do like the longer grips though.

Offline tim_sch

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2015, 05:03:44 PM »
Duo Martinez are awesome. The flange on them is pretty small, but still big enough to keep my hands in place, nice little touch.

Offline RighteousBMX

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2015, 06:25:38 PM »
United Nathans

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2015, 06:25:38 PM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special
Hello