Multimedia

Author Topic: Vapes?  (Read 22228 times)

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
Vapes?
« on: May 30, 2015, 07:19:30 PM »
Well, I started using a vape a few months ago, but never really used it often. It was more something I kept with me while playing video games and I could use until the guys I played with agreed to go on a smoke break. About 2 months ago, my girlfriend really started bugging me to stop smoking. She took me to a vape shop she went to when she would get her e-juice. I got a starter kit and used it on and off for a bit, the juice I ended up going with didn't taste the greatest. A few weeks after that, I started on a new project with work, and smoking became VERY inconvenient, so i went back to that shop and picked up a bunch of different flavours. It was great, I wasn't smoking at all (This is 3.5 weeks ago). A couple weeks ago, I was in a new shop that just opened around the corner from the girlfriends house and the guy working there talked me into buying a new vape. After trying it out, it was amazing. Good, easy draw on it, great flavour.

However, after using that for about 2.5 weeks, I needed to replace the coils on it. After 3 cities, 5 different stores, I wasn't able to find anywhere that sold the coils. So today, I went out and got a new, higher end set-up. Holy shit, it is amazing. I figured with the money I'd saved by not smoking (About 400 bucks over the past 2 months), it was justifiable to splurge a bit on a set-up that could keep me off smoking. I talked with the shop keepers for about 10 minutes at the store, they answered the few questions I had and walked out of the store pretty stoked on what I had purchased.

For those of you who vape and may be interested in what I got, I grabbed a Kangertech Subtank Mini and an eLeaf 30W battery. They're good for between .5 ohm and 1.5 ohm resistance coils. The Subtank comes with a .5 and a 1.2 ohm coil, but so far I've only used the .5 ohm coil. It also comes with a rebuildable coil, but I haven't got into that yet, need to grab some tools to be able to do that. I also picked up two flavours of liquid, one is cinnamon funnel cake and the other is strawberry cheesecake and both are made by Beard Vape Co. and are 6mL of nicotine. Unfortunately they didn't have any 0 nicotine, but oh well.

Still trying to figure out the ideal settings for me with the coils and the variable power on the battery. So far I'm pretty happy with the .5 coil and 18W on the battery with the largest air opening for the tank.

So BG, do you vape? What are you using?
Quote from: Sir smashalottavaginis;3362940
Damn.  Now I\'m torn between c***s or satan

Offline CARROTFVCKER

• View Profile
Re: Vapes?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 08:57:35 PM »
you really are THAT FVCKING GUY!!!!!

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 09:38:19 PM »
Yeah man, I am that guy. Sorry for trying to bring some more conversation to this board since there's like 5 threads over 2 pages long since the purge. Sorry for sharing a positive change I've made in my life, that I'm sure other members on here want to make as well. No wonder sheep gave up on this place. I'll be sure to just keep posting in the car threads and the occasional hate thread. Cheers m8.

Offline Prodigal Son

• has no pubes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 09:45:07 PM »
Fucking hate when people think "oh it's water vapor! I can do this in a restaurant or class."

I like when you see some CL shit or like a BMX group where some kid wants to trade his bike for a nice vape setup.

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 09:47:19 PM »
I've never even attempted to do it anywhere public, or in someone else's house. I treat it basically like smoking when I'm outside of my house or vehicle. Unless it explicitly states that it's cool to vape somewhere, I just take it to a designated smoking area.

Also, that's hilarious that people are willing to trade a bike for one. I think I paid like 120ish for what I got, it's not a whole lot of money if you're actually a smoker. It kind of boggles my mind that people pick it up as a hobby.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 09:49:26 PM by Cole »

Offline BilboBaggins

• Formerly Mike Oxlong, Formerly barcodebilly, Formerly Billy, Bg Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 10:04:49 PM »
Video games, vaping , and a frs.. sounds like the type of stuff mall employees or gas station attendants are into lol.

But i hear where you are coming from, looking into getting a ~$60 one to hold me over instead of smoking cigs once a day. Don't like the people who call themselves cloud chasers or wear it around their necks. 

Offline ImNick

• View Profile
    • nickgarrisonphotography.com
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 11:19:54 PM »
Vaping is lame as fuck.

#vapelyfebro

Offline Hank Chinaski

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 12:02:50 AM »
Vaping is ok in my books as a way to quit smoking, it's better than burning tobacco, and you still get some nicotine to help with cravings while you're stopping.  But the fact you bought a $120 "rig" and want 0 nicotine strawberry cheesecake juice is just the gayest. 
Quote from:
His hair is alive with the crimson ghost of our father\'s lost adventures!

Danno

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 03:24:07 AM »
Are there any legit independent studies into whether it's much better than smoking out there, or has any side effects? A mate of mine is a preacher about these vapes and quotes completely biased articles he's more than likely read on vape4president420.com or similar. Every article I've read (for and against) seems to have an agenda.

It's not something I'm into at all but each to their own.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 03:26:26 AM by Danno »

Offline Hank Chinaski

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 04:16:08 AM »
Are there any legit independent studies into whether it's much better than smoking out there, or has any side effects? A mate of mine is a preacher about these vapes and quotes completely biased articles he's more than likely read on vape4president420.com or similar. Every article I've read (for and against) seems to have an agenda.

It's not something I'm into at all but each to their own.

Studies are lacking but most of the actual carcinogens come from the smoke/burning of tobacco plant. Nicotine is harmful as well but not as much as the actual tobacco smoke. The main dangerous part right now is that "e-juice", the shit you put in there, is completely unregulated so there's stories, anecdotal stuff about all kinds of horrible chemicals being used. I'm sure the vast majority of the shit you buy at some gas station is made in shady Chinese labs along with bath salts, fake pot, and the like. I don't vape or have any close friends doing it but I'm assuming there's companies producing safer, more expensive "e-juice" that's held to higher standards. It's something like a billion+ dollar industry now and there's a lot of ongoing research into long term effects. General consensus seems to be it has the potential to be overall less damaging than cigarettes but of course, nicotine is still a vasoconstrictor and bad for your heart health no matter how you slice it.
Quote from:
His hair is alive with the crimson ghost of our father\'s lost adventures!

Offline Kinchy

• Fux wit titles
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015, 04:26:17 AM »
Apparently it's harmful whether or not it includes nicotine, not as bad as smoke though. The main issue is that the liquids are completely unregulated so there is no restrictions on what goes in.

I used one of the original ones that looked like a  cigarette and you bought cartridges rather than liquids, definitely useful in me giving up smoking but my chest felt worse after using one of those all night than it did after smoking
Quote from: Broady;3529439
I ran ahead a bit and hid, dropped my jeans and took my top off and started chasing them whilst spraying beer all over them and making weird noises.

Offline G

• G-Sport
  • O.G. Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gsportbmx.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2015, 06:24:44 AM »
Congratulations on giving up doing something mind bendingly stupid and replacing it with something only mildly shitty... maybe with time you will have enough will power to quit that too...

:)
G.
G-Sport. Making the worlds finest BMX parts since 1994.

Please DON\'T try to PM me. Please Email me instead... email is g at gsport.co.uk

Offline hugh.

• Pedo-Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2015, 06:50:58 AM »
I thought vapes were to help you quit smoking. Sounds like a lot of people are getting pretty financially invested in them

Offline Cole

• Terribly Lonely
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2015, 08:07:46 AM »
Not claiming that it's completely healthy, but it's better than smoking.

Hugh, the only reason I spent that much money on one was for the availability of parts, went with some more popular brands that I can buy stuff for anywhere. The store I was in yesterday, the guy had a vape that he was about 300 into, and his wife had one that she was about 250 in to. But, they were both ex smokers, and they were super pumped when I told them I'd stopped smoking for a while now, and were very eager to help me out with getting something quality together.

There's a lot of different factors when it comes to vapes, and it all depends on how involved you want to get in it. The smaller, cheaper ones I found didn't have a big enough tank, the battery didn't last long enough and the airflow wasn't enough. The second one I had, was a bit better, still a very small tank, but thee battery and the airflow was better. The new one I have, the battery will last a few days, the tank will last hours and hours and the airflow is amazing. To me, it was worth it to spend that much compared to the amount of money id be spending on smokes.

Still not sure why people who aren't smokers got into using vapourizers.

Offline Kinchy

• Fux wit titles
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2015, 08:59:07 AM »
Congratulations on giving up doing something mind bendingly stupid and replacing it with something only mildly shitty... maybe with time you will have enough will power to quit that too...

:)
G.

Coming from someone who posted a pic of themselves riding MTBs without a helmet, I think you just proved we all have wildly varying ideas of "mind bendingly stupid".

Quote from: Broady;3529439
I ran ahead a bit and hid, dropped my jeans and took my top off and started chasing them whilst spraying beer all over them and making weird noises.

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2015, 08:59:07 AM »

-->

Tell them " Sheepdog sent you", for a little something special

Click this image for a little something special