Multimedia

Author Topic: Proto Tree Frame/ T1 Progression.  (Read 5703 times)

Offline skateparkrider

• Ramper
    • View Profile
Proto Tree Frame/ T1 Progression.
« on: May 13, 2015, 11:58:06 PM »
Figured I'd throw these up on here as well.  They are currently up for grabs on The Museum as well.

If anybody is interested please send me an email.  bobbyridesbikes at gmail.com

Tree Lil Buddy Prototype frame.  I bought this directly from the guys at Tree when they had their first sample batch of frames made.  This specific frame features a 75 degree head tube, Spanish BB, custom dual cable routing (that worked sooooooo good) and does not feature the flared BB - none of which were features that made it to the production model.  This frame is very rare and 1 of 2 that I know of to be made with the dual cable routing system.  The other is still being ridden by Andy Chapman who worked/rode for Tree at the time these were made. 

The good = Overall the frame is in great shape.  Both integrated chain tensioners are still included with the frame.  This frame was fully post weld heat treated, something that was a new feature on frames at the time.  It has an awesome ECD sticker on the top tube.  Gyro tabs, cable housing and brake cables included with frame.
The bad = A little bit of chain rash on the right chain stay and some scratches on the top tube near the head tube and a few other minor scuffs/scratches.
The ugly = Ol Girl does have one dent on the bottom of the left chain stay from a feeble that went wrong. 

$300 SHIPPED

***FRAME DOES NOT COME WITH BRAKES OR BOTTOM BRACKET*** 

Terrible One Progression.  Version 1, made by Spooky Cycles.  I acquired this frame with the intentions of trying to restore it but I recently found a V1 Prog in a lot better shape.  So now it is time for this one to move along. 

The Good:  It is a Terrible One Progression frame that is still alive on this earth.  It was made at Spooky Cycles (Aka Big Dave/Pedal Driven), hell that should count for double good if you ask me.  Frame lived it's entire life in Austin, TX until relocating to Iowa with me so no rust. 
The Bad: A few dings/dents here and there.  A "Custom dimple" was made to accept a bigger gear.  And there is probably 3" of green spray paint on this thing...:lol::lol::lol:
The Ugly:  Dropouts have been milled out to 14mm.  They ain't pretty.  There is some chain rub on the inside of the right seat stay, presumably from running a fat chain. 
I also have a few OG Progression decals if the buyer is interested.
$250 SHIPPED

Bonus Items:

Colony Fully CNC'ed machined brake levers.  Super light weight, super stiff. 
$25 each or $50 for the set.
Quote from: bluemeate;3457724
session a quarter everyday!

Offline vandalsucks

• View Profile
    • http://www.hevil.com
Re: Proto Tree Frame/ T1 Progression.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 09:01:06 AM »
I'll take the left colony lever tomorrow.

Offline skateparkrider

• Ramper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 08:53:16 AM »
I'll take the left colony lever tomorrow.

Send me an email.  Bobbyridesbikes@gmail.com   I will set that bitch aside for you. 

Offline skateparkrider

• Ramper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 09:07:37 AM »
Progression frame currently pending. 

Bikeguide.org - Bike maintenance for BMX'ers